Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FinalDraft is putting automatic (CONT'D)s into the pdf

Not in the working document, but in the pdf file. Automatic continues are turned off in the working document but they somehow show up in the saved pdf. Has anyone ever encountered this?

Re: FinalDraft is putting automatic (CONT'D)s into the pdf

I tested with Final Draft v. 9 (Windows). I used the native Final Draft "Save As PDF" feature.

I did not encounter the problem.

Was any of the script imported from another program?

I am asking this question because if you import from another program that had CONT'D turned on, and you imported the CONT'Ds, you may get a literal CONT'D as part of the imported TEXT. I know for a fact that this happens.

If you created the script entirely in Final Draft, I cannot explain the behavior of Final Draft in including the CONT'Ds in the PDF.

If you figure this out, please report back to us here.

EDIT TO ADD: Always specify the version of a program and the operating system.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

FD does all kinds of glitchy stuff. I've hit on a number of the over the past few years. The file might be corrupted. Here's what I'd do.

Open a new file.

Select all in the existing file.

Copy and paste into new FDX doc.

Switch off mores and conts.

File save as new fdx.

Then file save as pdf.

If that doesn't work. Then try opening text editor and saving it there first, opening it and closing it then select all and paste into a new FD doc.

Good luck, I know what a pain it is.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

I've had this EXACT same issue. Would love to hear the solution.

Comment

It seems to have stopped doing it. Weird.

Anyway it's FinalDraft 8 and I'm running Windows 7.

Comment

Working...
          X