No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FD8 Issue: Sends at 63pg Opens at 80pg

Hey everyone,
    I'm hoping someone knows what's causing this problem and how I can tell my manager to fix it on his side.

I sent him my pilot that is 63 pages. When he opens it, it becomes 80 pages. Something in his settings is converting it in some way.

He had this problem before, but I don't remember how we resolved it.

Can anyone help? I'd be happy to send the file to someone else and see if the same thing happens.

thanks,
    FA4
    "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist,- Pablo Picasso

Re: FD8 Issue: Sends at 63pg Opens at 80pg

Hi, Lisa ...

I seem to remember that you use the Mac version of Final Draft.

I think that my Windows Final Draft 9 version will open the Mac file. So send the file to me:

[email protected]

My first suspicion is that this is a font issue, but who knows? I would think that it would be a problem every time if it relates to the font.

My second suspicion is that your manager has tinkered around with some settings and messed something up. The line spacing should always be on the default ‹Normal›, not on ‹Tight› or ‹Very Tight› or anything like that. Still, though, I would think that your settings for the file would override his settings (not sure about that, though).

But I will be glad to take a look and see whether your file itself is okay. (Assuming, of course, that the Mac thing is not an issue.)

In any case, please report back here.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

A PDF shouldn't have that problem.
      - - - - - - -
      Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

Comicbent:
        Yes, I'm up on a mac. FD8 latest version. I did have an issue with FD yesterday before I sent it. My computer froze up with the rainbow wheel (God how I hate that thing) and it wouldn't reset. I had to actually turn the machine off using the power button.

I had run through a few hours of rewriting and fortunately my MAC saved the version just as it locked up, so I didn't lose my revisions. Thankfully.

I suspect somehow you're right about the font. I think that was the issue last time.

The fix this time was simply to "save as" a new name. I resent it and it was fine. Last time he said something about the strange font, so that's why I suspect it.

I'll send you the first file to see if you can find anything when it actually is opening on your computer. It's set to "regular" and has all basic element line spacing set as "1" before and after.

I just want to know if the file was corrupt or if it was his system that converted it in some way.

ExHollywoodDay: yeah, the PDF was fine, but I send FDX files to my manager so he can add his notes right in the context of the script.

Thanks for the help, guys.
        "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist,- Pablo Picasso

Comment

For those following this saga, the file that Lisa sent to me was fine. It opened with 63 pages, just as it was supposed to.

The font was Courier Final Draft, and all of her settings were correct. And this was the case even though I used my Windows version of Final Draft 9 to open her Mac file.

So I do not know what happened.

I am glad that all is resolved now.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

Working...
          X