Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So I've Created A Free Script Hosting Website; Script Revolution

It's hard to believe that, one year ago, I was bookending a month's solid work with the launch of this site. As I sat there ready to click the button and face the world, all I had was faith in other screenwriters believing we could band together to bring change. It was a true "if you build it, they will come" moment that's been realised with tremendous belief and adoption by screenwriters the world over. This is where I get to say thank you, thank you so very, very much.

To those who believed; Anthony Cawood, P.H. Cook, Wayne Taylor, James Barber, Ruth Maramis, Victor Vera, Katie Burke, Pat Rick, Warren Duncan and Marc B - the first ten people who saw little more than an idea to bring change and signed up because they believed in it. Leading to over 800 more following in their footsteps.

To the Shootin' The Shorts team; Anthony Cawood, David Troop, Steve Miles, Fairly Finfield, Steven Clark, L. Chambers, Zack Zupke, KP Mackie, Phil Clarke, Hamish Porter, Thorsten Loos, Julia Cottle, Elaine Clayton, Karis Watie and Rachel Kate Miller, all led by the amazing J.E. Clarke - who have read so many short scripts and written so many wonderful reviews to help drive nearly 13,942 script downloads.

To the guest bloggers; Simon Mapp, Deen Gill, J.E. Clarke, Alan Mehanna, Tony Cella, 6String Mercenary, Désirée Nordlund, John Hunter, Shawn Davis, Fiona Faith Ross and Stephen Barber - who submitted great articles and earned many of those 215,418 page views.

To the rockstars; J.E. Clarke, Shawn Davis, David Lambertson and P.H. Cook - who have pledged $5 a month to help keep gigabytes of data fast and secure for everyone.

To the 73 members who signup and add to the 127 scripts that are uploaded on average each month and those who download 1,300 scripts on average in that time.

Thank you.

We have been dismissed by our industry and mocked by our peers. However, we've also been supported by Simply Scripts who have promoted what's happening here while simultaneously doing their best to help screenwriters themselves, we have been free to talk on Stage 32 and got a shoutout by Rich "RB" Botto, plus Done Deal Pro have been good enough to let the dialog flow on their forum.

While many have ignored us and some have actively tried to stop us we continue to grow because exposure for creatives isn't something that should be bought with their money, it is something that should be earned with their talent. We built this platform on a simple mantra - "Always free & always fair".

If you are a screenwriter, you are more than welcome to be part of year two. Upload your scripts, create a profile, and get notified of downloads. If you are an industry member, there is no clique, you get to sign-up and browse the 1,500+ scripts we have available, many of which are community favorites, many of which have won reputable rewards, many of which have been featured by Shootin' The Shorts.

There is plenty more to come and it might just be that the revolution has started. Either way, everybody's welcome to join it.
    Last edited by CJ Walley; 08-01-2017, 03:40 AM.
    Script Revolution - A free to use script hosting website that offers screenwriters a platform to promote their scripts and a way for filmmakers to search through them.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Walley View Post
      ...everybody's welcome to join it.
      ...and I just did. Looks like a great resource for aspiring writers, CJ.

Comment

that's awesome, CJ. I've heard good things about it.

Comment

Originally posted by pabloamigo View Post
          ...and I just did. Looks like a great resource for aspiring writers, CJ.
          Good stuff and thank you. Great to have you onboard and I hope you get something out of it.

Originally posted by bjamin View Post
          that's awesome, CJ. I've heard good things about it.
          That's wonderful to read. The wheels are really starting to turn now.
          Script Revolution - A free to use script hosting website that offers screenwriters a platform to promote their scripts and a way for filmmakers to search through them.

Comment

A thousand members now. No reason at all for writers not to sign up. You don't have to post your scripts (you can put "contact member for details"), but you can list logs, synopses, and links.

I've not had a lot of contacts so far, but two producers with wee credits have asked me for stuff.

So the more members the merrier, to make this totally free site grow into a fourth, third, or even second level mandatory source or search site for producers and reps out there!

Comment

Thanks for the shoutout. Yes, we grew to a thousand members last week. Profile pages have been improved. There's some other tweaks and touches too. Not much in the way of success stories at all yet sadly, but time will tell.

Comment

This looks interesting and useful! When I get some stuff together I will have to join!!
                I love Wing Commander, Mark Hamill is awesome. That is all.

Comment

Signed up a while ago and finally added some scripts. Will see what happens.

Is there a way to choose or change the order the scripts are displayed on my profile?
                  826dk

ARTicles: Kick Your Creative A** Into Gear

DK - Script Revolution

Comment

Originally posted by LithodoraGamgee View Post
                    This looks interesting and useful! When I get some stuff together I will have to join!!
                    Will be great to have you onboard

Comment

Originally posted by Wordsmithteer View Post
                      Signed up a while ago and finally added some scripts. Will see what happens.

Is there a way to choose or change the order the scripts are displayed on my profile?
                      The ordering is automated. The system prioritises favourited scripts, then most viewed, and then most recently added.

The idea is that your scripts listing stays fresh and inline with current interest. It also works as a good way to see which of your loglines are getting the most attention.

It does need some improvement. I do plan to break it up a little so optioned/sold scripts don't stick to the top of listings.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ Walley View Post
                        The ordering is automated. The system prioritises favourited scripts, then most viewed, and then most recently added.

The idea is that your scripts listing stays fresh and inline with current interest. It also works as a good way to see which of your loglines are getting the most attention.

It does need some improvement. I do plan to break it up a little so optioned/sold scripts don't stick to the top of listings.
                        This has now been improved so scripts that are available to produce get priority.

Comment

So, over a year later, any $$ options or $ales as a result of the site?

Comment

Originally posted by nativeson View Post
                            So, over a year later, any $$ options or $ales as a result of the site?
                            Nope. All a bit of a failure to be honest, but going to stick with it and keep trying.

Comment

Not a failure. A great resource for screenwriters looking to get better and get noticed.

Comment

I don't mind people knowing that my site has underperformed and achieved very little at this stage. I've been talking openly about it on Reddit and feel I've let people down thus far.

I expected at least one sale and multiple options within year one and that doesn't seem to have happened. One script has sold that I know of but it was for a small fee. I know writers have been contacted by studios but don't know of those relationships going anywhere.

I'm still working hard to help filmmakers find the material they are looking for and build ways for good scripts to stand out.

Comment

Working...
                                X