Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripts & Scribes website/podcast

If you are an aspiring screenwriter looking for representation you MUST listen to the Scripts & Scribes podcast.

The interviews with a who's who of managers and agents will help you shape your query letters, target your query letters and generally conduct yourself as a professional.

There are also interviews with writers.

All are engaging and informative.

For what it's worth...

Re: Scripts & Scribes website/podcast

Absolutely agree, Clint! Kevin does an amazing job, and I've learned a ton from his interviews.

The Broken Projector podcasts are also great, in addition to being super entertaining.

Comment

It's my favorite podcast. Kevin gets right to the point and asks the questions you would want a host to ask, without the meandering chit chat that derails many other podcasts. I hope he puts up a new episode soon...I've pretty much run out of episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
        I hope he puts up a new episode soon...I've pretty much run out of episodes.
        Me too! That's what got me looking around and how I found the Broken Projector's Vomit Draft. Highly recommend it.

Comment

Other helpful/entertaining podcasts:

3rd & Fairfax -- WGA interviews with writers
          Scriptnotes -- of course
          Children of Tendu -- great for TV writers, nothing recent but deep library
          The Moment with Brian Koppelman
          On the Page
          Black List Table Reads -- lot of interviews with screenwriters

Comment

Originally posted by SBdeb View Post
            Me too! That's what got me looking around and how I found the Broken Projector's Vomit Draft. Highly recommend it.
            Yeah, just google whoever you want to hear from and add "podcast" or "interview" to their name. I found another Jake Wagner interview and a few from the writer of Snow White and Huntsman. There's so much random stuff out there. But, Scribes and Scribes is the most consistent at interviewing managers.

Comment

I dig the Hollywood Uncorked Podcast too. But it helps that I love wine.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/...091046466?mt=2

My friend Navid McIlarghey (whom I'm also producing something with right now) is the guest of Ep #15. Very insightful discussion of today's spec market and the indie film landscape.
              sigpic
              NOTES / COVERAGE
              10,000+ Screenplays
              DD Thread Facebook
              [email protected]

Comment

Working...
              X