• Cyfress
    replied
    Re: Development Services

checks in the mail, Comic. Thx.

Leave a comment:

• ComicBent
    replied

Cyfress does a good job of analyzing a screenplay. I have seen his comments through the years. If you want someone who will read your script closely and tell you what he thinks is working, or not working, then you might want to have him take a look at your work.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

I have a free slate right now. Next one who signs up todaY, I will get back to you with a detailed analysis by Friday. We will discuss analysis by email when you're ready and then we will work for a month on character and structure ideas especially the arc of you hero (which is missing in every amateur script) and developing a plot that challenges that arc.

Most people charge $100 or more just to read your script. The next person to sign up will get the complete development package for $60. I normally charge $150.

If you are unhappy with the quality of the analysis after I read your script, I will give you your money back.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

Anyone interested in development help with a pilot or feature script DM me. I'll help you get the script ready for the blacklist or querying. I work a little bit different than most. The service entails me reading what you send me and me writing up an analysis of the story and its potential. Then for the next month you and I will send emails back and forth developing the characters and structure. You can have a completed draft or a partial draft doesn't matter. We all know how hard it can be to make it out of Act 2.

If you want, I can read your Act 1 for free and show you what I can offer before moving forward.

Drop me a DM if interested.

Leave a comment:

• CrissCross
    replied

I've been working with Cyfress for a few weeks now and he really goes above and beyond. He's helping me think a lot more about the story and the characters. Most services will have you write a script and then get a page or two or notes. That's not how he works and I'm really grateful for that. We exchange e mails just about every day and it's not just a couple sentence e mail. He's really detailed but instead of just throwing suggestions out there he makes you come up with angles, storylines, etc. In the end I know I'm going to have a great script, but more importantly I will know so much more about the craft. I highly suggest using him. The guy really knows what he's doing.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

I ultimately have read lots of material that was previously covered by other services advertised here are on DD. When someone alerts me of this, I always ask to see what others have offered as advice once my review is complete.

If what I have to offer your story is inferior in your opinion to what you've already received by someone else here on DD. There will be no charge for what I give to you. That's how confident I am that I can improve your story in a way others cannot.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

I have an open schedule from now till Sept. if anyone is looking for some development help with a quick turnaround, pm me.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

I'm looking to take on one writer pro bono from now till April 30th. In that time, I will read your script in a day or two and write up an analysis, then you and I will go back and forth as we dig into plot and character and build structure.

The one caveat is, I wanna do all the back and forth and post my analysis on the Story Development forum so young writers can follow and see what story development looks like. We'll hit on character, plot, structure, expectation, turns, etc.

If you are up for it, PM me a log or a paragraph about your script.

Leave a comment:

• Luke R
    replied

I wanted to report back. Cyf does what he claims, provides well informed development notes and is happy to go back and forth. Incredible value for the price, esp if you are after after notes as opposed to typical coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

I almost rather have the writer be in the concept, idea or outlining phase of the process. Scripts fail because the work that precedes the writing wasn't substantial enough.

Anyone who brings a concept to me and we put it through my development process before writing an outline then a treatment, and you think it is no better or worse than when you brought it to me, you get your money back. If I even take you through the beginning stages of the development process and you say it's not for you, you'll gladly get your money back.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

It doesn't have to be complete. I can help with that. Coverage is just the tip of the iceberg. I have a development protocol that I put writers through that forces them to think about their scripts in a way they have not before.
    Last edited by Cyfress; 02-21-2017, 05:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• UneducatedFan
    replied

Now I just need to finish my screenplay so I can get it over to Cyfress for coverage.

Leave a comment:

• Cyfress
    replied

Grid, appreciate that. Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• gridlock'd
    replied

UNCONSOLIDATED TESTIMONIAL: I happen to be friends with CrissCross. He let me read his last script some time ago - then he let me read the notes he got from Cyfress. Gotta say, FWIW, I was REALLY impressed. I wrote CC and said the same. Great notes. He put his finger on the problems I couldn't articulate. I encouraged CC to follow every one of Cyfress's suggestions. It would improve the script 100%. I've paid for notes in the past and these were some of the smartest I've seen. I know you've got no reason to believe me but - I am a real person. Not an actor. I've never met or interacted with Cyfress in any way. I was just really impressed with his notes and felt obliged to say so. Good luck to all!
    Last edited by gridlock'd; 02-17-2017, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X