Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twitter accounts to follow?

I tried following quite a few writers but I've found that I get 80% politics, 20% nonsense and virtually nothing of value for screenwriting, so I'm wondering what are some Twitter accounts that actually tweet about screenwriting, whether its accounts of individual writers or organizations?

Re: Twitter accounts to follow?

Basically every account is political since the election, to be honest, so if you can't handle ANY political commentary then you'll have a bad time. These folks do offer solid writing advice on a semi-regular basis, though:

Jeffrey Lieber @jefflieber - occasionally just opens his Twitter feed up for free-wheeling Q&As. Sometimes he'll do other things, too, like demonstrate how to make a scene more production-friendly, or crowdsource ideas. He's a TV writer and showrunner, and most of his answers focus on that.

Eric Heisserer @HIGHzurrer - also does occasional Q&As and talks openly about his writing process. He uses a series of writing prompts and challenges to develop work, which he posts at random (he published a book of them at some point).

Scott Myers @GoIntoTheStory - Tweets short quotes and advice along with links to resources. Much of it is focused around his very helpful blog, also called "Go Into The Story"

Robert Hewitt Wolfe @writergeekrhw - mostly focused on sci-fi writing, especially for TV. Also does Q&As

Derek Haas @derekhaas - I haven't followed him long, but he does sessions where he'll answer the next 7 questions he gets in order, things like that.

Comment

YouTube has a wealth of screenwriting lessons, lectures, and writer interviews. Way better than twitter.

Comment

Most of them will correct your spelling and grammar, but don't let them find out you're posting dialogue, or action from one of your scripts.

Hey! You might do it in your house, but in this house we don't lick our butts. -- Mother Teresa

Comment

Working...
        X