Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ScriptRevolution.com

So I've been using the site for about an hour or so, and while it is really cool, there seem to be a few bugs still. For example, I am interested in searching for *any* short film screenplay with female leads that has placed on any contests whatsoever. Seems like a logical place to start narrowing things down after an initial search of just female leads shorts returned around 225 results.

But when I programed all that in the search engine... the results were zero screenplays.

Maybe it became overloaded by selecting every single contest under the awards menu. Would seem like it would be better if there was the option of "any contest" or "all contests". Here is a really long screen grab of the filter settings:

http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5sj0wgjl.jpg
    Manfred Lopez Grem
    Writer - Director

REEL - IMDB

Re: ScriptRevolution.com

I can't see the image; maybe try to crop it as a 4x3 dimension so it fits our screen.

But rather than being so specific here, where most members aren't too familiar with ScriptRevolution (yet), I'd use the link to the creator, CJ Walley, at the bottom of the HOME screen. He really appreciates user feedback and is trying to make this as perfect as possible (while keeping it "free").

As an ex-programmer myself I have often pointed out SQL/database query issues to him, and he can usually fix them in a jiffy, or advise on a better set of filter parameters for what you want.

The guy's done this whole thing by himself, by the way.

My view? Just start at the top level "shorts" query and drill your way down from there, examining the results. That may be quicker (and safer, because you don't want to overlook something good) than trusting such complex logic. His query filter pick-lists are so plentiful, and sometimes overlapping, so it may be overwhelming his embedded logic (and boggling users).

For instance, "female centric" is different from "female protagonist", and you might also find what you want under "diverse characters".

So, just start at the top and you'll probably do better... and pass the word along to your fellow producers/directors! Thanks!

Comment

Thanks for the advise! I'll do that from now on.
      Manfred Lopez Grem
      Writer - Director

REEL - IMDB

Comment

Hey Manfred, sorry you ran into an issue here.

Thanks for the filter suggestion. This is certainly something I've been wanting to implement but I'm struggling to get my head around the code at this time - I'm not a programmer and sometimes the seemingly simple is days of trial and error.

To help with identifying scripts that have awards, a small trophy appears within the icons for that listing (under the logline). This may help you seek out what you want for now.

Please note that the meta-data for scripts is reliant on writers submitting that data along with their material. In the case of awards, writers have to submit that through me for confirmation.

To be frank, with the site being 10 months old and only hosting less than 1,500 scripts, I doubt you'll find many award winning female led shorts listed.
        Script Revolution - A free to use script hosting website that offers screenwriters a platform to promote their scripts and a way for filmmakers to search through them.

Comment

Working...
        X