Ergonomic keyboard BUT portable for vacations?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ergonomic keyboard BUT portable for vacations?

Hi. I have a pinched nerve and shoulder issues and need to use a desktop that's tricked out with a keyboard at a very specific level underneath the desk (in a tray), an ergonomic mouse and even a special way of sitting so I'm all at 90 degrees and yadda yadda.

Has anybody found a solution to writing-on-vacation under these circumstances? The "ergonomic laptop stands" I see online don't really offer a solution to the monitor needing to be up. Unless I bring a separate keyboard?

I've looked on John August's site about this a few times, but maybe there's not a good solution to vacations? I kind of want to buy an Ikea desk and just leave it at my sister-in-law's so I can bring my entire desktop!
    Last edited by cvolante; 07-23-2017, 08:19 AM.

Re: Ergonomic keyboard BUT portable for vacations?

I'm not sure what your needs are, but I thought I'd share this. I have one and like it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/microsof...?skuId=1818024

Comment

This may or may not be applicable to you - but when I go to the library I have a netbook which I place on the desk on top of a plastic container.. takes up almost no space in my daypack as with the lid removed it just lines the bottom of it.

I put my external keyboard on my lap. I also pulled out the Numpad keys of the keyboard and placed a little mousepad cut to size there instead. So keyboard and mouse together on my lap with minimal movement from keys to mouse. You don't need a big mousepad - just set the acceleration so smaller movements will cover a bigger distance.

If you have problems with mouse clicking you can also weaken the flat metal springs of the mouse to get a softer click - you have to open the mouse and its fiddly but you can make the click as soft as you want.

Comment

Thanks. I have a special mouse and all that for home, and I need the keyboard low, but just not a good way to set it all up when I'm on vacation -- my inlaws like to go somewhere for 2 weeks where we kind of sit around and there's tons of time to write, but I haven't been able to the past few years because of this shoulder issue.

I ended up buying this and bringing the whole damn thing on vacation. But it works!

Comment

Haven't used this; heard good things about it:

https://shop.goldtouch.com/products/...ing-devices%2F
          If you really like it you can have the rights
          It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Working...
          X