• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LauriD
    replied
    Re: Book coverage

Originally posted by TravisPickle View Post
    I have a dozen novels I've picked up and want to sift through - they are all potential movies or tv series.
    I don't understand... Are you considering specing books that you don't have the rights to? If so, why?

Leave a comment:

• lostfootage
    replied

This probably won't help -- there is a site designed to help high school and college students "read" books quickly, like an online Cliff notes. Too bad it's just for really big books. Because they do full summaries.

https://www.shmoop.com/bestsellers/

Leave a comment:

• TravisPickle
    replied

Hey Coop-
    It's for my spec writing.
    Goodreads and Amazon sometimes have reviews with a little more plot-related info. But for the most part people don't want to spoil that stuff so they hold back.

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
    If this is for your own personal edification (as opposed to an assignment):
    Have you tried skimming the reviews of the books you're interested in at Amazon? Or at Goodreads? This might give you enough information to choose the book you actually want to read fully. Usually the plot is laid out by the best reviewers, and the characters are discussed at some length.

Leave a comment:

• Cooper
    replied

Originally posted by TravisPickle View Post
    Ever feel like you can't keep up with your reading list?

I have a dozen novels I've picked up and want to sift through - they are all potential movies or tv series.

However it would take months to do so.

And I am generally much more interested in premise, plot and character than I am in writing style or prose.

So what to do?

I'd get a novel coverage service involved but the prices are astronomical. $1 per page which means... $350 for an average novel.

Hire an intern? Outsource to China?
    If this is for your own personal edification (as opposed to an assignment):
    Have you tried skimming the reviews of the books you're interested in at Amazon? Or at Goodreads? This might give you enough information to choose the book you actually want to read fully. Usually the plot is laid out by the best reviewers, and the characters are discussed at some length.

Leave a comment:

• TravisPickle
    started a topic Book coverage

Book coverage

Ever feel like you can’t keep up with your reading list?

I have a dozen novels I’ve picked up and want to sift through - they are all potential movies or tv series.

However it would take months to do so.

And I am generally much more interested in premise, plot and character than I am in writing style or prose.

So what to do?

I’d get a novel coverage service involved but the prices are astronomical. $1 per page which means... $350 for an average novel.

Hire an intern? Outsource to China?
Working...
X