X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDoc
    replied
    Re: Good Notes Cheap

Thanks for the in-depth notes, Bart. I appreciate your attention to detail. Got plenty more to work on.

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Buzz! Always good to hear from an O.G. Done Dealer.

You've worked in filmcos so you know the deal. I've still got some motivated producers in my corner. They continue to move and shake and try to attach elements. We lost our top Lionsgate exec, during my rewrite, alas. So you know how that goes. But god knows they continue to produce a ton of content.

Keep your fingers crossed and keep manning the phones, right?

Leave a comment:

• Buzz2074
    replied

Is it true you wrote a feature for Lionsgate? What's the status?

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Hey folks...

Got pretty busy on a rewrite, but I should be back to two day turnaround going forth.

Thanks much-

[email protected]
    Last edited by ExtHollywoodDay; 03-15-2019, 07:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Hey peeps, hopefully 16 years of having this shingle buys me a little non-writing bandwidth...

I've been making myself funny geeky tee shirts for years. A couple days ago I started putting it on Redbubble. No reason to keep my writing and art worlds isolated from each other, right?

LMKWYT!

https://www.redbubble.com/people/bar...ortfolio?asc=u

Leave a comment:

• Pardack
    replied

Took another draft longer than I wanted it to, but yes, your tweak was a big help getting them to be happy with it.

We're going out with it in January.

Thanks again.

P
    A
    R
    D
    A
    C
    K

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

I hope it goes well with them, Chris.

Thanks as always!

Leave a comment:

• Pardack
    replied
    Good Notes Cheap

Got another great set of notes today. I feel like Bart just gets better and better over time. I disagree with my managers about aspects of a pilot I'm doing lap after lap on.

Without having pre-warned Bart about the dispute in question, he's managed to spot their concern and has what I think is a pretty pitchable solution.

We'll see if my managers agree.

Thanks again old friend!

P
    A
    R
    D
    A
    C
    K

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

This has been going great with the 15s. I feel like I'm saving some folks a lot of hassle by getting in early.

But someone asked and I'll clarify, that doesn't mean I've stopped performing my core service of feature screenplay notes. Keep them features coming!

Thanks much.

-EXT.

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Hey all... I'm going to append this to the thread top message in the thread...

I've been getting some submissions lately where story analysis is almost besides the point. Like what the writer needs is general feedback on the way information is imparted to the reader.

It strikes me that I should try to offer a different service to those who are brand spanking new to the craft, and who maybe are having a hard time finishing a first draft:

So.... introducing:

THE 15 PAGER:

I'll read the first 15 pages of the project. We'll discuss writing style, and where the story seems like it's going. Hopefully getting notes early will save some people a lot of headache rewriting.

Introductory DD rate $40 US via this ExtHollywoodDay @ aol.com as the pay-to on Paypal.

Thanks much, DD.
    -Ext

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Okay... just turned in the newest to the managers. Good week to read!

Drop me a line at [email protected] if you need a read.

Thanks and best wishes-

Ext.
    Last edited by ExtHollywoodDay; 05-31-2018, 06:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

If you're still using the Hachels addy I emailed you there...

Still using [email protected] for this. TX.

Leave a comment:

• AnconRanger
    replied

hey bart, i might have another novel for you to take a look at if you have time to slog through it. gonna let it simmer for a couple weeks and take another look, try to figure out what i got. get the chainsaw and machete out. hope all good!

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Always good to add another review. Thanks again, Coffee!

-EHD.
    Last edited by ExtHollywoodDay; 06-11-2018, 02:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• coffee
    replied

Received my feedback/notes from ExtHollywoodDay.

I'd use his services again. Insightful, in-depth and to the point. I knew this script had issues and he confronted them head on with tough questions and possible scenarios. Today I sent a response email with some questions and such, I look forward to discussing things further with him. Well worth his rate IMO.

I sent the same script to Craig Kellem and was disappointed. I felt like he only provided proof reading type of feedback (grammar/spelling/very minor dialogue adjustments). As for story, structure, plot, theme and such he praised the script and kept reiterating that it was a solid piece. Not worth the rate I paid IMO.

I'm just outlining my experiences with two different people, not looking to debate intentions or results.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X