X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied
    Re: Good Notes Cheap

Hey Anagram. I've always preferred to send prospective clients a sample in email. Though maybe I should negotiate with a writer to be able to publicly post such a sample on the site.

For now- drop me a line? [email protected]

Best-

-Bart

Leave a comment:

• Anagram
    replied

Hi Bart. Do you have a sample page on your site showing what your notes would look like (both in quantity and quality)? thanks

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Yes I'm still at it. I has the following plug from a recent thread lower in this forum. Drop me a line, Grommet. I look forward to it. [email protected]

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=44079
    ---
    Bart= Lighting speed turnaround, honest succinct notes, follow up help with clarification, great instincts for character and plot. Moreover, not your typical coverage report-- a more writer-friendly-style service, geared towards helping with subsequent drafts. Recommend.

Leave a comment:

• grommet
    replied

Is Bart still doing this? I can't figure out how the hell to fix a script that keeps doing in the "next 100" in Nicholl.

Leave a comment:

• Pardack
    replied

ETA: As a result of this script, I now have my first ever literary representation!

Leave a comment:

• Pardack
    replied

Hi all:

I'm piping in to plug Bart/ExthollywoodDay's services, which I have now used four times over the course of the last three years.

Early on, I knew my Sci-Fi project had some problems. I had problems with the story, problems with the wordiness of my writing, and problems figuring out act 3, which seemed to change from draft to draft to draft. That may seem like screenwriting 101 to some, but live and learn. I hadn't mapped out the story well.

Anyway, Bart listened to the explanations of my intent, and challenged me to really rethink the ending. "Not just the what, but the why." Over the course of a few drafts (some of which I used Bart for, and some of which I had read by others) I made slow improvements to the story, and major improvements to the writing style.

A few months ago, I used Bart for another script. I was gratified to hear many more positives. Apparently I'd learned a lot since my first script. My writing style was "lean and mean now." But the thing that really impressed me the most was that Bart's suggestions became all the more targeted, precise, and wise. The better my script, the better the notes.

My Sci-Fi script might have gone from a D to a B after all the time I spent on it... but my new RomCom went from a B to an A.

How do I know this? Because a manager who left me at 'show me your next one' after the 2007 draft of my Sci Fi script has ASKED TO MEET ME based on the RomCom!

I know there's a lot of services, and I've even used others with satisfaction. But I have to plug Bart as among the best.

Cheers....

P
    A
    R
    D
    A
    C
    K

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied
    Good Notes -> Moving!

[email protected]
    Last edited by ExtHollywoodDay; 06-03-2008, 05:28 PM. Reason: Change of email addy:

Leave a comment:

• DMNY
    replied

Your website looks professional and is attractive. When I will finish my script and the necessary steps I will be giving you a nod Bart. Thanks for being there for us.

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

It looks fine on the CRTs and LCDs I've tried it on. Not necessarily set on max. contrast. I admit to 'not contrasty enough to be foolproof', but not to 'grey on black' It's more a cool selenium blue sort of thing. But I'll try to boost the contast more when I get the time...

-B

www.bartgold.com

Now in stereo.
    Last edited by ExtHollywoodDay; 04-14-2006, 09:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AnconRanger
    replied

I just finished going over Bart's notes on the opening chapters of a second novel.
    Besides direct comments, there are always a few comments something like, "I'm completely lost here, could it be you've lost me for some purpose?"

The answer is always...uhhh....no. Sigh.

Bart calls them the way he sees 'em and he sees a lot.

Thanks, Bart.

Leave a comment:

• vig
    replied

Well can i add that after doing a rewrite of your notes i recieved my first option offer for the script, within one month of notes.

and i will add that i have one rewrite to go and the notes on the polish where almost identical to barts.

thank you

Vig

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied
    A Milestone:

Don't worry about spelling! What's important is ALL writers can still get quality notes.

Okay, seriously. I'm not here to be the Kool Aid Man, I'm here reporting a Bart's-notes milestone.

The notes recipient who won the Script Magazine contest last year now has her film IN PRODUCTION. I'm majorly excited about this. More as the film gets finished-- looks like an indie production deal where they'll need to get distribution on the back end, which is half the battle. But damned if I'm not excited and experiencing a hint of parental pride.

Cheers:

ExtHollywoodDay

www.bartgold.com
    Last edited by ExtHollywoodDay; 01-03-2008, 11:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Buzz2074
    replied
    Another Satisfied customer.

Okay, I admit, this was worth the price pretty easy. And I'm a known skeptic.

I finally decided to go with the ExtMan after my writing partner and I came to loggerheads on our script. The notes were a great tiebreaker. The analysis was well reasoned, clear, and really let us see how a film company script reader reacts as he's reading. I even ate a little crow as far as the clarity of a side character's motives. Ext's fixes for act one were great, because that's where we were having the most trouble and the most rewrites.

Even better, my writing partner and I split the $130, so it was dirt cheap. Practically as cheap as the last time we mailed out script copies, and a much better use of the money.

Kudos and thanks, Mr. Bart.

Buzz.
    Last edited by Buzz2074; 11-14-2005, 06:27 PM. Reason: Fixing Droz's typo.

Leave a comment:

• ExtHollywoodDay
    replied

Hi all.

Thanks for the kind words, and to all of you who've given me the nod in this thread or recommended me in other contexts. Four of the last five folks I read for were referrals from previous folks.

About once every 5-6 months it seems like time to verify I am still here. Not for the lack of valiant efforts to sell more six figure scripts... but the service remains available as always.

Thanks,

-Bart

www.bartgold.com

Leave a comment:

• vig
    replied

i can vouch for bart. he concentrates on all elments of the script, even the minutia. he understands the thread line of how changes multiple into other changes.

i used him before nicholls, (after i didn't advance one year), the next year i got into the top 300. then i went back, reviewed his notes again, and decidd that i would use ALL his suggestions, to the letter, this spawned the best draft we have ever written.

i'm getting three scripts ready to send to him as we speak. rom-com. sci-fi, and drama and i'm stoked that there are people out their who can add their two cents that really have their pulse on what works, what doen't and what could.

bart, you're a solid guy, and i thank you for helping my brother and i create a script that has opened doors, and hopefully will lead to a sale.

best

vig

Leave a comment:

Working...
X