No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wicked

I guess this would go here...

I recently saw this production and noticed in the program that the stage production was produced by Universal Pictures and Marc Platt. I assumed before I saw this that it wouldn't be too long before we saw this become a movie, but does anyone know if it's in the works officially? I assume they would be doing the stage version rather than the book version (God, I hope so). For those familiar, anyone see Nicole Sullivan as Glinda? Throughout the production, I could not stop thinking about how perfect she would be. If they couldn't get her though, the Glinda I saw was amazing. No ideas on Elphaba though.

This is kind of random since it's not even a movie, but maybe it could make a fun discussion.
    ~* Kelsey *~

http://kelseytalksaboutmovies.blog.com/

Re: Wicked

Kristin Chenoweth was the original broadway star of WICKED. The petite blonde beauty has a terrific voice and received much praise for her stage performance. Kristin may or may not be interested in reprising her role in "Wicked" the movie. She's now busy making many movies in Hollywood...

Kristin can be seen in a comedy with Robin Williams and Jeff Daniels in R.V. (Recreational Vehicle) in 2006. "Bob McNeive (Williams) and his dysfunctional family rent an RV for a roadtrip to the Colorado Rockies, where they ultimately have to contend with a bizarre community of campers". You know this one's gonna be wild...

Kristin will also be seen in The Pink Panther, others...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0155693/

Comment

The Broadway production must be amazing, because the book was just horrid. Hopefully the movie will be better, but to be honest I'm going to wait until rental since I disliked the book so much.

Comment

There was so little resemblance between the book and the musical, it's insane...

I actually hope Kristin Chenowith doesn't do the film version. I like her on the soundtrack (I saw someone else as Glinda), but I didn't love her in Bewitched. I'm still rooting for Nicole Sullivan...can she sing?
        ~* Kelsey *~

Comment

"Wicked" would be a big film with a big budget so why in hell would any studio put Nicole Sullivan in such a key role?! She couldn't even get cast in a dinner theater production of "Wicked". A long time ago before the musical, there was an ABC minseries in the works with Demi Moore as producer and possibly the bad witch. I read the script that was written by Linda Woolverton who wrote Disney's "Beauty and the Beast." of course this version had no songs. I doubt there's any movie in the works. ANyway the studio usually can't make the movie until the inotial stage run ends and with "Wicked" that could be a couple of years.

Comment

A studio already has the rights apparently.

Because I was suggesting Nicole Sullivan was perfect for the part. It's a discussion.
            ~* Kelsey *~

Comment

Yes a studio has the rights. A studio produced the musical on Broadway... duh...but the studio won't make the movie until the stage run has wound down... like "The Producers." I'm discussing that Nicole Sullivan sucks and can only do voice over and isn't gonna be given a big role in a major motion picture unless her feature career starts to climb.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock
                The Broadway production must be amazing...
                Erm....

No, it wasn't. It was fun and it was entertaining (both great accomplishments) but there were only two songs from it I remember with any fondness (Defying Gravity and For Good) and one of them (For Good) repeats a completely messed up rhyme at what should be its strongest moments ('Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes a sun/ Like a stream that meets a boulder half-way through the wood' Wtf?).

It would take a serious rewrite and a gifted director to make me part with more money for Wicked.
                "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Has Nicole Sullivan ever done voice over? Whatever, it's not like Glinda is the main character.

Willoughby, I've always thought the most popular song from Wicked is "Popular." I think that's a pretty good song. "Loathing" as well.
                  ~* Kelsey *~

Comment

The bulk of her career is voice over.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelsey
                      Willoughby, I've always thought the most popular song from Wicked is "Popular."
                      That's true, I just don't like it. I get bored about mid-way through.
                      "The intrepid Spaceman Spiff is stranded on a distant planet! Our hero ruefully acknowledges this happens fairly frequently." Calvin & Hobbs

Comment

Thanks for clarifying what RV stood for, Authy. Though, knowing you that was just a cut-and-paste job anyway.

Comment

Didn't see the musical. Loved the book.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
                          - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Working...
                          X