Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robots

What a giant turd of a film. It was all so...so....so pointless. It was busy just to be busy. It was animated just to be animated. Nothing in the film served any sort of purpose. Nothing.

My video store gives a free rental after so many rentals. I wasted a free rental on that. Wasted. I saw this movie for free and I'm still very upset.

There was a talking toilet. Under no circumstances should a toilet have sentience. No.

What was the theme of the film? Re-use, Re-build, Recycle? It's okay to build a robot to replace your robot dad, but it's not okay to have him upgrade parts? And the evil robot, the Queen of Junk??, with her plot to get rid of junk? how does that make sense?

If every robot was purpose built, dad was a dishwasher-bot, talking toilets, sentient fire hydrants, robot pidgeons, what was the purpose of the protagonist? what about his friends?

Everyone involved in creating this film should have to have a sentient toilet installed in their house.

Re: Robots

Yeh, saw it at Arclight, too much breaking of the 4th wall...
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

What is really strange is that you must have picked up this DVD at your local Blockbuster, had a look at the cover, read the blurb on the back and thought 'hmm, this could be good!'

Comment

If you try and find logic in this POS crap-fest, you will go insane. Nothing made sense, and like you mentioned, the film contradicted itself constantly. And when you get right down to it, why even have robot kids that artificially grow?

This was just a "Wacky Robot World" scenario that some hacks played out through animation (similar to Madagascar's "Wacky Jungle Animals on Vacation"), instead of a fully-fledged story like Pixar excels at.

The people making these movies are pure morons, as even the little kids get irritated with this low-brow, non-story drek. I went to see Madagascar with a pile of kids, and when the Lion started to get hungry, one of the 5-year olds said "Why not get him some fish?", a comment the others agreed with. So we waited, and waited, and waited...

Sure enough, right at the end of the movie, they finally get the poor lion some sushi. And they waited this long because.... ??

Comment

I liked it.

I thought the visuals were top notch, as good as anything I've seen. Granted, the story was derivative and/or lacking in coherence, and the supporting characters lacked distinct personalities, and the jokes weren't very funny, but I loved the look, and the art direction, and the animation.

As for the theme of the film, it is obvious to anyone who has tried to buy replacement constant-velocity carburetor diaphragms for his non-running 1979 Kawasaki KZ 750.

Comment

As for the theme of the film, it is obvious to anyone who has tried to buy replacement constant-velocity carburetor diaphragms for his non-running 1979 Kawasaki KZ 750.
            Wow. THAT'S a specific demographic! Sure beats the heck out of that woolly "18-35 Male" market segment.

Comment

Working...
            X