• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say It Ain't So. Stallone Stars In Rocky VI

12 October 2005
    Eye Of The Retire-ger
    Rocky VI starting in December

Sylvester Stallone is all set to revive his most famous (by a small margin) creation, boxer Rocky Balboa for the sixth time in, you guessed it, Rocky VI. He will direct, and of course, star in the film.

The script has been finalised, and returns to the ageing character as he comes out of retirement, just looking to keep his eye in with a few local, low-profile fights. Until, that is, someone gets the idea that he should fight current heavyweight champion Mason "The Line" Dixon, which turns into a full-blown media three ring circus.

Principal photography is set to commence in December in L.A. No mention has been made as to whether the city will be doubling for Rocky's traditional hometown of Philadelphia, and no supporting cast have yet been named.

Source: Empire Online (UK)

Re: Say It Ain't So. Stallone Stars In Rocky VI

If this is true, one word.

Go for it.
    "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
    Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Awesome.
      "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
      Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Rocky is the quintessential American. And Stallone is what every single one of us lusts to be.

"I must break you."
        "Go for it."

Comment

I can't imagine the storyline. Funny thing is Stallone always said he'd do another Rambo.

Rocky is special to him, so it's easy to understand why. The story behind its getting made is a Rocky in itself. And besides, so many of his other films sucked ostrich dung popsicles.

"Alright, Sly!!" -- Eddie Murphy Raw
          "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
          - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

********Rocky VI Spoiler Warning********

In the film, Rocky's now a restaurant owner, who is still grieving over the death of his wife, Adrian.

What, is Talia Shire too busy?
            Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Dude's like...60!!!

Comment

stallone is like a crack addict in a gutter who once had a promising career but is in denial that he became a bad cartoon. pathetic

Comment

I act like Rocky 5 doesn't exist so i'm really not interested in 6. Stallone needs to find some other stories or just produce or direct.

Comment

I will watch this.

Comment

This is what happens when a screenwriter is stuck in a rut and can't create
                      outside his own sandbox. Small wonder why Robert Redford doesn't do
                      sequels.

Charli

Comment

Fresh, orginal, exciting! Just what the world needs.

Comment

They were shooting this last weekend before the Taylor Hopkins fight in Vegas:

http://www.womenboxing.com/NEWS2005/...oniotarver.jpg

More via ESPN:

http://search.espn.go.com/keyword/se...ne&page=images

Comment

Well, for a guy old enough to be my dad, he's in much better shape than...

...my dad.

Who's that in the background? I thought Salvador Dali was dead.

Comment

They are shooting this all week here in Vegas. Our local news has been going crazy about getting people to become extras in it. Unpaid extras I might add. Sly did an interview with a local reporter and told her that the story is based on George Foreman's comeback. For 60, the guy still looks to be in great shape. Dave Clary should be so lucky...

Comment

Working...
                              X