This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Most Overrated Best Picture Winners

How sad that people are trashing masterpieces like Gone with the Wind and Titanic, which I watched ever so many times so that I could cry into my handkerchief. There is just no comparing these to Godfather, etc.

Comment

If you can use the phrase "ever so many times" without irony, you're Titanic's target audience.

Comment

This is what I hate about threads like this; people with a chip on their shoulder, insulting others based on something as individual as movie opinions and tastes.

Comment

thank god bugsy didn't win best picture

annette bening should have won for most fvckable babe for all eternity in it, but the movie itself, especially beatty's characterization, was a load of bosh

Comment

This is what I hate about threads like this; people with a chip on their shoulder, insulting others based on something as individual as movie opinions and tastes.
            If you're truly without sin, go ahead and cast stones.

Or, you know -- if you just have a very short memory.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG
              How someone reacts to a movie is often intensely personal and subjective. And because I seem to have stirred up such a hornets nest with my original statement concerning THE GODFATHER, any rationale I give for why I consider it overrated would immediately be discounted and argued. Which is fine on the one hand; I'm not against hearing a countering point of view (I went to film school, so I'm sure I've heard 'em all anyway....) but too often these threads turn into "I'm right, you're wrong" debates which I'd just rather avoid.

But if you're clamoring to know the name of a film I consider a "masterpiece," just so you can tell where I'm coming from, I'd offer THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION.
              Shawshank is a masterpiece but not The Godfather? Let me ask you a question...what color is the sky on your planet?

Comment

Originally posted by refriedwhiskey
                If you can use the phrase "ever so many times" without irony, you're Titanic's target audience.
                F'in classic, man.
                Just one more reason to get hammered tonight.

Comment

It's been a fun ride, but 20 pages pretty much maxes out this thread.
                  You're a mighty master of minutia. Your enemies fear you.

Comment

Working...
                  X