Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 4 and 5

Both are world premiering tonight on SciFi.

NECROPOLIS and RAVE TO THE GRAVE

I am surprised that tthey couldn't go for even a limited theatrical run for at least one of these films. The franchise has a following.

And why isn't SciFi holding these closer for a Halloween premiere?

I should know better by now that these are going to suck but I am going to tune in anyway. Even a little keyed up about it.

http://www.scifi.com/returnofthelivingdead/

Re: RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD 4 and 5

Sweet.

Comment

Fun Fact, Necropolis was shot at the real Chernobyl and Ellory Elkayem, who directed the loveable 8 Legged Freaks, directed both films.

Comment

Holy crap, is that true? I was just watching the beginning of Necropolis, and I thought the Chernobyl stuff looked very accurate -- at least based on what I saw in the blog of this Russian woman who likes to ride her Western motorcycle into it and take photos.

I just assumed they did their homework and found some locations that looked like Chernobyl. I never would've imagined a Sci Fi original pic would have the budget and ambition to actually film there.

Funny thing -- when I first read this thread, I almost wrote "I didn't even know there was a Return of the Living Dead 3." But when I read the synopsis of the third movie, I realized I'd seen it years ago.

So I figured if I'd already seen the first three, I really should see 4 and 5.

Comment

Wait -- how much did they film in Russia? Was it more than just the opening in Chernobyl? Because the entire hospital staff seemed to have Russian accents....

Comment

Was it just me or was there lip-synch problems with NECROPOLIS? I tuned out after the motorbike scene in the underground sewer.

EJ

Comment

Hm. Almost done with Necropolis.

I can't believe they used the old "trick the monster into attacking the high voltage box" gag.

And the friend-turned-zombie's death by grenade was a blatant ripoff from Raising Arizona.

This franchise used to be cool and funny. Now...it's typical Sci Fi Channel crap.

Comment

Return of the Living Dead 3 was good flick. Haven't seen it unedited, according to imdb the UK version is bloodier than the released US version. 3 was a nice little, bring my girlfriend back to life and slowly watch her turn into a flesh eater movie.

4+5 just, bleh. The dead parents looked like beefed up Borg. It would have been nice if they could write proper endings for these flicks.
                R.K. Bentley
                My Blog, My Design Studio
                "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

Originally posted by refriedwhiskey
                  Holy crap, is that true? I was just watching the beginning of Necropolis, and I thought the Chernobyl stuff looked very accurate -- at least based on what I saw in the blog of this Russian woman who likes to ride her Western motorcycle into it and take photos.

Most of the movie was shot in or near the city of Chernobyl, and it wasn't produced by Sci-fi it was produced to have an actual theatrical release. Hence the budget... They did a whole thing about it while they were filming on CNN, apparently Russia is trying to woo filmmakers into shooting in Chernobyl now or some crazy thing.

Comment

Working...
                  X