Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good nite & good luck

very impressive. clean. tight. kind of forceful in a quiet way.
    kudos to clooney
    If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed. -- Stanley Kubrick

Re: good nite & good luck

Yeah it looks great. I'll probably have to wait for DVD though. Clooney was on Charlie Rose the other night, thank god there's still a Hollywood heavyweight out there with the fortitude to make films like this. Clooney's alright in my book. Syriana sounds like it'll be hard hitting too

Comment

I saw this at L.A's The Grove this weekend. One of the most packed, yet 100% respectful audiences I've seen a film with, which was pleasure enough.

(Contrast this with the Serenity screening I went to, where the words "enough with the cell phone, bitch" were loudly and deservedly heard.)

Good Night and Good Luck's style is impeccable. Maybe the conflict has a few less beats in it than with a lot of films, but it was a very satisfying for the civic-minded among us. Luckily I'm still young enough that I learned a couple things. I'm eagerly awaiting the thoughts of my parents, who were in their teens when the films events went down.
      - - - - - - -
      Script consulting still going strong.

Details and updates here, as always: http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ead.php?t=9901

Comment

Originally posted by Pen Dragon
        I'll probably have to wait for DVD though.
        Yukon sucks ass again?
        http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Originally posted by ExtHollywoodDay
          (Contrast this with the Serenity screening I went to, where the words "enough with the cell phone, bitch" were loudly and deservedly heard.)
          I had to say it. The broad was getting on my nerves.

Comment

Originally posted by Pen Dragon
            Yeah it looks great. I'll probably have to wait for DVD though. Clooney was on Charlie Rose the other night, thank god there's still a Hollywood heavyweight out there with the fortitude to make films like this. Clooney's alright in my book. Syriana sounds like it'll be hard hitting too
            And here's a quote from an L.A. Times article about Clooney:

Clooney initially tried to follow in his fatherâ€TMs footsteps, studying journalism for a bit and working briefly on a cable access channel. â€I realized quickly I wasnâ€TMt good enough to be able to play the game. I didnâ€TMt finish college. I wasnâ€TMt well-read. I spent a great many years trying to make up for my lack of curiosity in my early 20s,†he said. â€I had very little interest in anything. I was sort of floating by.â€

I think he's a timid lightweight and I refuse to see any of his sh1t.

Comment

As a heterosexual male, I'd like to say Clooney is a handsome man.

This movie looks timely, with all the **** that's been going down with Rove and Iraq.

Comment

Originally posted by jellyjilly
                And here's a quote from an L.A. Times article about Clooney:

Clooney initially tried to follow in his fatherâ€TMs footsteps, studying journalism for a bit and working briefly on a cable access channel. â€I realized quickly I wasnâ€TMt good enough to be able to play the game. I didnâ€TMt finish college. I wasnâ€TMt well-read. I spent a great many years trying to make up for my lack of curiosity in my early 20s,†he said. â€I had very little interest in anything. I was sort of floating by.â€

I think he's a timid lightweight and I refuse to see any of his sh1t.

i'm not sure what that quote is supposed to illustrate. why don't you see the movie first?

Comment

Originally posted by cluckyburger
                  i'm not sure what that quote is supposed to illustrate. why don't you see the movie first?
                  That quote illustrates that he lacks 1) intellectual rigor and 2) facts. However, he seems to have found a place where none of this matters.

I don't support intellectual drop-outs or their projects. I'm not going to see it.

And by the way, what do you mean, "fortitude"? How is it that it takes fortitude to make this type of movie?

Comment

I don't support intellectual drop-outs or their projects. I'm not going to see it.
                    Okay. So, like George Bush with Harriet Miers, you don't believe people can change in any way.

Ever hear of a self-made man?

Comment

Wow, what snobbery. Clooney took a while to find his calling and now that he's found it he's ridiculed for not finishing school in something that wasn't his passion? George seems to be doing alright and his films are better than most. I'll bet we could name more than a few filmmakers who didn't go to college, who lacked interest in anything at some point of their life, who floated for a while, who ultimately found what they were good at - and did it very well.
                      http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

"I don't support intellectual drop-outs or their projects. I'm not going to see it."

that sounds a little childish. you should see it. it's well-made. (regardless of your personal feelings for the man. i wasn't really a fan of woody taking up w/ his adopted daughter but i still see his movies).

Comment

As a development exec at a very well-known prodco said to me afew years ago, "Clooney's the only guy around here with the balls to make a controversial movie."

And I suspect he's got the brains, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jellyjilly

1. I think he's a timid lightweight and I refuse to see any of his sh1t.

2. That quote illustrates that he lacks 1) intellectual rigor and 2) facts. However, he seems to have found a place where none of this matters.

Wow, how very bootstrap-intellectual of you. I guess Georgie Boy would have a tough time getting a movie greenlit by you and Noam Chomsky. What if he took the GRE and scored a 1200?

I'll see gn&gl even though it's sure to be a non-intellectually-rigorous and fact-less enterprise that only an intellectual drop-out who could never change would produce.
                            #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

That's not why you won't go see it. You won't go see it because it doesn't depict McCarthy as a Great American Hero. You've already said as much in another thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X