No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dracula's Kin

Originally posted by Fortean
    If Billy cannot be bothered to read some of Bram Stoker's stories, (let alone write a short screenplay to show us his mettle), I'd likewise chastise the dismissal of vampires as a horror genre. I think that a good vampire film can be made that deals with horror, (rather than lust and temptation, as Deus understands the nature of Dracula films).
    I don't get it. If I don't read Bram stories and/or write a short screenplay to show you my mettle, than you are dismissing vampires as a horror genre?

I'M responsible for an entire genre being destroyed? Little 'ole me?

Wow. I feel bad. I wish I liked to read and has some desire to show you my mettle.
    "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
    Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Re: Dracula

billy why don't you just promote yourself to Sun God , to hell with these cynical non believers

Comment

Interesting. I wasn't planning on that for a decade or so, but it might be time to move up my timetable.

I'm gonna sleep on it.

Good night!
        "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
        Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Dracula's Kin (Redux)

Originally posted by Fortean
          If Billy cannot be bothered to read some of Bram Stoker's stories, (let alone write a short screenplay to show us his mettle), I'd likewise chastise the dismissal of vampires as a horror genre. I think that a good vampire film can be made that deals with horror, (rather than lust and temptation, as Deus understands the nature of Dracula films).
          Let's try that again. How about this:
          It's bad enough that Billy cannot be bothered to read some of Bram Stoker's stories, (let alone write a short screenplay to show us his mettle). I'd likewise chastise the dismissal of vampires as a horror genre. I think that a good vampire film can be made that deals with horror, (rather than lust and temptation, as Deus understands the nature of Dracula films).
          Okay, Billy? Oh, he's already gone to bed!
          JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Re: Dracula's Kin (Redux)

Asian vampire tales are a rich vein as well, particularly because they're not historical, as most Western vampire beliefs are, but often quite contemporary. In Indonesia, for instance, the vampires are the spirits of vengeful women who rise from the grave each night on bat wings, just their heads, spines, and viscera, to seek revenge. I actually bought a nice little carving of one such vampire (very impressive fangs) from a nun in Ambon. I asked, "What kind of bone is this carved from?" and she said, over her shoulder, "oh, human I think." Oh.
            It's not just a forest: it's a whole bunch of different trees

Comment

That's not fair!

I wanna be sun god!!

Comment

Drcyla

If you don't watch your weight, you've got a stake in becoming a moon god.
                JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Working...
                X