Your favorite actor/actress's most underrated film.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your favorite actor/actress's most underrated film.

Originally posted by Biohazard
    I haven't seen the movie in over a year, so I can't give you any specifics, but I do remember the end because it pissed me off. The line from Hopkins' character Charles, something like "they died saving my life". No they didn't. Charles is a flat-out liar. The others did not die while in the process of keeping him from being killed, like he lead everyone to believe. Whether or not the black guy got eaten alive doesn't matter, Charles was running away. Baldwin's character fell in a hole, not while trying to save Charles, but while trying to kill him. The fact that these people died had no effect on whether or not Charles was going to be breathing in the next few moments.
    Yes, he lied. He did it to make the other two men look like heroes, even Alec Baldwin's character who tried to kill him. It shows the audience that he is a better man than the other guy.

Comment

Exactly.
      "Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
      Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Originally posted by billythrilly7
        Who cares about all that mumbo jumbo?

I watch movies and don't try and pick them apart.
        I didn;t try to pick it apart, but all the blatant errors jumed out of my TV screen, grabbed onto my throat, and yelled "LOOK HOW GOD DAMN OBVIOUS I AM!!!" So yeah, it's not my fault for noticing an error, it's the filmmaker's for not noticing it.

Comment

Working...
        X