Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Tension

A decent, unabashedly violent and bloody pic...up until about ten minutes before the end. Then it becomes a unabashedly violenty and bloody pic that makes no friggin' sense!

Why does every movie have to have Twist Ending nowadays? HIGH TENSION's coulda worked, too, but the filmmakers were too lazy to figure out how to do it. As was Lion's Gate. They couldn't have fixed it, but a couple of choice edits of a few shots could have helped it from being such a jarring, nonsensical mess.

Your thoughts?

Re: High Tension

Nothing to add. You pretty much nailed my reaction.

I really wish I'd stopped the dvd...

SPOILERS

Right after our "heroine" "kills" the "bad guy."

Ugh.
    I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Comment

Why does every movie have to have the same Twist Ending nowadays?
      Fixed. God damn twist was in at least 5 movies in the past 5 years.

But otherwise, High Tension was really good.

Comment

Originally posted by boski
        SINGLE WORST NONSENSE SCENE: ACT ONE: The first appearance of the killer, in his Jeepers Creepers knockoff meatwagon, alone on the access road with his "lover." How does that scene make any sense at all given the big climactic reveal!!!???
        That's the exact scene I was alluding to in my previous post that Lion's Gate would have been wise to cut. Like I said, it wouldn't have fixed the movie, but that's such a glaring problem when you get to the end and start looking back.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
          Fixed. God damn twist was in at least 5 movies in the past 5 years.
          Yeah, and go back and watch Adaptation now, and you can see all the in-jokes Kaufman inserts about this type of upcoming fad.

I swear I've seen 10 movies written by Donald.

Comment

You know, my wife read a review of this movie and it said High Tension was the best zombie movie of the year.

And since it didn't actually involve any zombies, we think the reviewer meant it sucked your brain out with it's own brand of st00pid and made you want to wander around at a shuffle eating human brains.

Comment

Steaming POS.
              Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

We were duscussing this film the other day in the video store (The owner knows I write so he loves to have another person to talk story) and we came to consensus that with editing a few scenes out, this could have been a solid mind screwing film.

The scene mentioned above about the meat wagon. Remove this and that broken POV goes away.

The second scene was the video in the store that gave a reveal. ( I might have this messed up a bit as it was 2 am and this was the fourth of four straight horrors we'd watched) and then stop it after the reveal.

Linger on her face after she killed the "bad guy" (with that "look" in her eye).

The mood and tension were reasonably well done.
                Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

Still too many logic holes even if you cut those scenes out.

How does she get the truck?

How does she know the gas station attendant?

How does she know the area?

The movie feels like the twist was retrofitted but never quite made to work.
                  Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

Working...
                  X