Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trashiest overwrought melodramas

"We Don't Live Here Anymore": sturm und drang about very little. Unintentionally, and rather pathetically funny.

Comment

In the Bedroom was a good movie. Not much more. It's an actor's showcase. Features outstanding performances but it is far from brilliant and a little too calculated for my tastes.
      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by roscoegino
        In the Bedroom was a good movie. Not much more. It's an actor's showcase. Features outstanding performances but it is far from brilliant and a little too calculated for my tastes.
        The fart joke taste or the other one?

The film was certainly made great by the actors. Tom Wilkinson delivered one of the most memorable performances I've ever seen, outshining even Sissy Spacek when they had their battle royale. I loved seeing a film that appeared as if it started life as a script for a Lifetime Original Movie and ended up with multiple Oscar nominations. It holds up under multiple viewings. Definitely doesn't deserve to be on this list.
        http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

The Shipping News
          "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"
          "If I didn't have inner peace I'd totally go psycho on you guys all the time." - Carl Carlson

Comment

Let me eternally echo Gone With the Wind.

Clark was funny in it and everything but it was no Comrade X

Comment

Working...
            X