No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Vice Teaser

Vice is Nice

Wow. It looks like Collateral 2. I'm actually really excited about this. Nobody does this type of movie better than Michael Mann. And not one white suit/teal shirt in sight.

Ele...

Re: Miami Vice Teaser

I'm really looking forward to this one, but seriously... we need the original theme music here.

If there EVER was theme music that needed to be encorporated into the film, this is freaking it.

Comment

Get ready

Comment

I know. I had the same reaction.

Comment

Cool. Not a huge fan of farell but anything Michael Mann is usually great, and Jamie Foxx is always capable. Looking forward to it.
          Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
          Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

damn, cant see it on this macintosh....well guess i will have to look at when i go home from work...

i heard they went way over budget for this movie, like close to $150 million? hope thas not the case....
            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I have no freakin' clue why they didn't use the theme song. Maybe Universal's afraid people will laugh when they hear the theme, but you can tell by the trailer that this is no Dukes of Hazzard.

Comment

I think the music would be a huge mistake. Miami Vice had that fashion and that music because it was current at the time. This movie is not about updating that. This movie is about taking the buddy cop action of that show and putting it in a modern setting. Mann realizes that's the core of the show and that it's accessible now. The music would make it into a joke.

Ele...

Comment

I reluctantly agree, Ele.

Watching a Miami Vice movie without that theme, however, will be like eating unsalted peanuts.

Comment

I hope it's more like HEAT and less like Bad Boys.

Comment

I've watched this repeatedly at work. We're all salivating. And it has absolutely nothing to do with the Miami Vice brand. For us, it's all about the Michael Mann brand, which is well represented.

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by elephant1978
                        I've watched this repeatedly at work. We're all salivating.
                        I do NOT want to know where you work.

Comment

Doesn't it make you want to slam back a few Bacardi's?

Comment

I loved the original show and yes, I hate to admit it but I once doned the blazer/t-shirt combo. Ugh! I'm a fan of Michael Mann's work and this looks like the best TV adaptation since Maverick. I'm really looking forward to it and I actually may go see it in the theatre. This must be sweet revenge for him. First they cancel his show and then years later they're kissing his a$$ to direct the motion picture version. Gotta love it. I'm sure the old music will be quoted somewhere in the film but it will probably be updated and stylized for the times. I loved Yan Hamer's music. I can hear it now like it was yesterday....

BTN
                            "Only he is an emancipated thinker who is not afraid to write foolish things.-
                            -Chekhov

Comment

I would die happy if I NEVER had to hear that @^%# theme song again.

Every gymnastics team had a girl who did her floor routine to that song.
                              I heard it over and over and over again every week, three months out of the year, for three years.
                              Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
                              by BellaBella

Comment

Working...
                              X