X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatcha lookin' forward to?

Hi all,
    I hope everyone here is well and happy.

With many new films coming out between now and the end of the year, I was wondering what new upcoming films you are looking forward to this year?

Here is my list:

The Green Knight
    Suicide Squad (cuz you know...James Gunn makes cool films)
    Free Guy
    Respect
    Don't Breathe 2
    Reminiscence
    Venom 2
    The Last Duel
    Dune
    Antlers
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife
    Nightmare Alley
    Westside Story
    The King's Man

Was gonna put Old on this list, but I got to see a preview screening early this morning.

The trailer for Old really gave it away (for me, anyway). There's probably a surprise tossed in there at the end, though.

The film I most want to see is Pig, starring Nicolas Cage. I know it's out already, but I'm unable to go to theaters at the moment. Wonder why there aren't more simultaneous theatrical and streaming releases? Just have to wait.
    Last edited by Clint Hill; 07-23-2021, 07:05 AM.
    “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

!. Dune Huge, huge fan of the book and I actually like Lynch's version
      2. Ghostbusters, This looks like a real move rather than the previous money grab/virtue signaling POS

...and pretty much that's all on my must see list
      I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I'm ready for something epic -- Dune seems to fit that. I'll see Stillwater; I'm all in for drama.

Also, Ridley Scott is back. What an incredible career that man has had. This isn't until October, but... The Last Duel | Official Trailer | 20th Century Studios - YouTube
        The plot seems so incredibly simple, I'm wondering what else will be going on in it.

From IMDB:
        Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)
        Ben Affleck ... (screenplay)
        Matt Damon ... (screenplay)
        Nicole Holofcener ... (screenplay)
        Eric Jager ... (book)
        Last edited by figment; 07-24-2021, 05:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by figment View Post
          This isn't until October, but... The Last Duel | Official Trailer | 20th Century Studios - YouTube
          The plot seems so incredibly simple, I'm wondering what else will be going on in it.
          This one is highly anticipated however, word of advice,,,,don't look up the real story.

When I saw this was a based on a true story, I stupidly looked up the real people and kinda ruined the upcoming film for myself.

But that doesn't mean I won't watch it anyway.

So if you don't wanna know what happens don't go down the wikipedia rabbit hole.

Curse you wikipedia and my own weakness for research!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darthclaw13 View Post

So if you don't wanna know what happens don't go down the wikipedia rabbit hole.

Curse you wikipedia and my own weakness for research!!
            Well NOW I really DO want to know!! Haha. But I'll try to refrain and go in cold.

Comment

I'm ready for something epic -- Dune seems to fit that. I'll see Stillwater; I'm all in for drama.

Also, Ridley Scott is back. What an incredible career that man has had. This isn't until October, but... The Last Duel | Official Trailer | 20th Century Studios - YouTube

From IMDB:
              Writing Credits (in alphabetical order)
              Ben Affleck ... (screenplay)
              Matt Damon ... (screenplay)
              Nicole Holofcener ... (screenplay)
              Eric Jager ... (book)
              “The plot seems so incredibly simple.” Isn’t that the goal? Simple plot, complex characters. That’s a movie.

Comment

Annette.

Holy Motors was/is a work of mad genius. I don't use that word lightly but applies in this case. I've been eagerly awaiting the follow up.

Comment

House of Gucci-- (Ridley Scott)

From the trailer you think they camped it up -- but the real woman seems to be pretty... out there.

HOUSE OF GUCCI | Official Trailer | MGM Studios - YouTube

-------

(SPOILERS in the article below)

"It's better to cry in a Rolls-Royce than be happy on a bicycle."

5 Absolutely Wild Stories About Gucci Heiress Patrizia Reggiani | British Vogue

I'm thinking Oscar nomination for Gaga.

Comment

House of Gucci. That looks like a hell of a movie.

Comment

Looks like a take on Romancing the Stone from back in the day. Normally this wouldn't be my jam, but this looks fun. Seems like the perfect sort of -- Give us the same but Different, that everyone tries to do, except this seems to work, here.

THE LOST CITY Trailer (2022) - YouTube

Comment

Looks like a take on Romancing the Stone from back in the day. Normally this wouldn't be my jam, but this looks fun. Seems like the perfect sort of -- Give us the same but Different, that everyone tries to do, except this seems to work, here.

That looks awesome. I didn't even know about that movie. I'm confused who Brad Pitt is in the movie, I assume he dies a horrible death and it's a cameo...

Comment

That looks great. On the list!
                          I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

-- "Why are you so good-looking?"

-- "My dad was a weatherman."

Made me laugh. This is going to make a killing. Yay movies!

Comment

The Northman. Robert Eggers has a solid track record so far. I'm interested to see how he pulls off what appears to be an epic action/adventure story.

The new Batman with Pattinson looks pretty good. That's probably the first superhero movie in a few years that I care to see. I will check out Spiderman No Way Home when it hits streaming though.

John Wick 4.

Comment

Working...
                              X