Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Elvis Movie, flop?

Folks, I know the director is kind of good. But I don't like him. Or his movies. IMO. Sorry. I wish Baz good luck. I know lots of style went into the movie of Elvis.
    Trailer looks good but late for the party. Lots of style done before by lots of dance videos and graduates in Interior Art and Dance modern art and dance videos.
    Production is easy. Writing a script is hard. If both Nolans directed this Elvis. What would it look like?
    I don't why, but this trailer bothers me a lot.
    Elvis is good.
    But I wish Gene Wilder was here to direct this.
    Or even the older Charlie Chaplin or Spike Lee or Tim Burton to direct a new Elvis movie.
    Here is the trailer. See for yourself. I could be wrong.
    But all the beat sheets of this script is very off.
    I am sorry.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2BNHwbwvI

Originally posted by WRITERRIVERS View Post
    I don't know why you're sorry. I think you nailed it. This "Elvis" doesn't look or sound at all like Elvis — he actually looks more like a young Jeff Goldblum (at least in the eyes). He seems small without "presence" in the trailer. Honestly Andy Kaufman did a better Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpBzUQHYtM
    STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

You guys are crazy. This looks GREAT.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDLRvjHVOY

WARNING: DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK PROVIDED BY WRITERRIVERS.
      Last edited by Clint Hill; 06-04-2022, 12:17 AM.
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

They made a movie about one of American's most iconic people ever in Australia. Tom Hanks got COVID during this movie.

I do not like these bio pics in general. The last one made me cringe and yet they do well, win Oscars and make money.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
          I do not like these bio pics in general.
          Different strokes, for different folks.

The last one made me cringe and yet they do well...
          See above.

win Oscars...
          This is good for actors and directors, isn't it? Try to write “actor-bait” characters. The kids need places to play, don't they?

and make money.
          Win, win! The business part (essential!).

I'll agree to disagree with you on biopics, Bono.
          Last edited by Clint Hill; 06-05-2022, 06:17 PM.

Comment

(Bruce Campbell as senior citizen Elvis + JFK in a Ossie Davis suit) > (Austin Butler as young Elvis + Tom Hanks in fat suit) every day of the week. Serve me up a Bubba Ho-Tep sequel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXGP07vrab8

Comment

Originally posted by Haskell View Post
              (Bruce Campbell as senior citizen Elvis + JFK in a Ossie Davis suit) > (Austin Butler as young Elvis + Tom Hanks in fat suit) every day of the week. Serve me up a Bubba Ho-Tep sequel.

Agreed!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Haskell View Post

Watched Bubba Ho-Tep (2002). Great concept. The film almost worked. Writer/Director can sometimes be a bad combo.

Comment

The suspicious double-post action is going on again.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post

I don't know why you're sorry. I think you nailed it. This "Elvis" doesn't look or sound at all like Elvis — he actually looks more like a young Jeff Goldblum (at least in the eyes). He seems small without "presence" in the trailer. Honestly Andy Kaufman did a better Elvis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kpBzUQHYtM
                    I think no one will see this movie. IMO. I will see it because I am a big fan of dance videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Hill View Post
                      Different strokes, for different folks.

See above.

This is good for actors and directors, isn't it? Try to write “actor-bait” characters. The kids need places to play, don't they?

Win, win! The business part (essential!).

I'll agree to disagree with you on biopics, Bono.
                      I don't know why they made this movie.
                      I went online there are around 100 Elvis top movies and documemtaries.
                      The guy does not look like Elvis.
                      Will the new generation like Elvis?
                      What kind of movie musicals does the new generation like?

Comment

They made a movie about one of American's most iconic people ever in Australia. Tom Hanks got COVID during this movie.

I do not like these bio pics in general. The last one made me cringe and yet they do well, win Oscars and make money.
                        And that mask on Tom Hanks looks no good IMO.
                        Why is Tom Hanks popular? I don't think he is too much, IMO.

Comment

WRITERRIVERS (btw, what's with the all-caps “shouting”?): You claim to be a screenwriter (why else would you visit here?), but you repeatedly denigrate upcoming films whose talent above and below the line exceed anything you've created.

I submit that you are not a screenwriter, and that you have no connection to Hollywood screenwriting. How do know this?

No one who wants to work in the Hollywood filmmaking industry would go to such great lengths to trash-talk projects already made and on the market in hopes they tank.

You seem to want to foment a depressed box-office opening for the films you despise by second-guessing professionals with more experience.

Q.Who is it that you fantasize will hire you in any capacity for a film they want to produce?

Here's the answer: no one.

Comment

Originally posted by Clint Hill View Post
                            WRITERRIVERS (btw, what's with the all-caps “shouting”?): You claim to be a screenwriter (why else would you visit here?), but you repeatedly denigrate upcoming films whose talent above and below the line exceed anything you've created.

I submit that you are not a screenwriter, and that you have no connection to Hollywood screenwriting. How do know this?

No one who wants to work in the Hollywood filmmaking industry would go to such great lengths to trash-talk projects already made and on the market in hopes they tank.

You seem to want to foment a depressed box-office opening for the films you despise by second-guessing professionals with more experience.

Q.Who is it that you fantasize will hire you in any capacity for a film they want to produce?

Here's the answer: no one.
                            Hey,
                            I can't believe this movie made 30 million already. I might see it for the style only. But I did not like his Gatsby. I try watching it 3 times. Not for me

Comment

Originally posted by WRITERRIVERS View Post

Hey,
                              I can't believe this movie made 30 million already. I might see it for the style only. But I did not like his Gatsby. I try watching it 3 times. Not for me
                              Stop watching movies you already know you won't like. Who has time for such things?

Focus on what you do like. See that. Movies are voluntary entertainment, for the enjoyment of its intended audience, not something you have to see so you can complain about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X