No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eye

Anybody catch this on cable yet?

Japanese horror film about a young blind woman who receives cornea transplants and begins to see malevolent images soon after her surgery.

Great 1st and 2nd acts. 3rd Act I think went the wrong way.

Still worth checking out though.

Re: The Eye

My girlfriend loves it and made me watch it. It's just okay, IMO. Not too many shocks. And I didn't think it paid off either.

Ele...

Comment

It's not a Japanese film. It's Thai/Chinese film.

The movie has a few good scares, imo. But from the middle of the story on, it loses its momentum.

Comment

This is a great Korean horror film.
        http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Nice little Hong Kong horror flick.

Comment

This is the best Cambodian horror film since Ong Bak.
            Twitter: @WriterLe

Comment

ACT 3 SPOILER BELOW!

Pang Bros. (Chinese) - US remake will star Zellweger as the girl. I think the problem with the ending is that it's not as big or creepy as the rest of the film. Kind of a let down that all this is about a traffic accident.

I'm working on a script about a Beverly Hill high school girl who gets a nose job and now can smell evil... and who knows Shinola when she steps in it.

- Bill (THE NOSE OF LAURA MARS, THE HILLS HAVE NOSE, etc)
              Free Script Tips:
              http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I agree that it was great until the end. The remake will more than likely suck all the way through.

Comment

The remake of course is going to be helmed by "Ringu" and "The Ring Two" director Hideo Nakata with Renée Zellweger headlining.

Comment

Fvck that guy. I didn't see Ringu, but Ring Two was absolutely terrible. And I find if hard to believe somebody who created that mess could make a masterpiece in Ringu. I'm sure he'll mess up this Eye remake, too.

I think the problem is that the same people are making these movies (look at the Grudge director -- did the Japanese/American versions plus their sequels) and there's no fresh ideas in there.

From what I've seen of these Japanese horror movies (and the American remakes), I found more style and creativity in Verbinski's version of the Ring.

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell
                      ACT 3 SPOILER BELOW!

Pang Bros. (Chinese) - US remake will star Zellweger as the girl. I think the problem with the ending is that it's not as big or creepy as the rest of the film. Kind of a let down that all this is about a traffic accident.
                      Of course it's being re-made. Why am I not surprised? Had no idea it was Chinese as it seems most of the horror flicks coming from the East are from Japan.

And I agree with you Martell, the ending doesn't work. IMO, it's way too convoluted. The best reveals are simple ones.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant1978
                        From what I've seen of these Japanese horror movies (and the American remakes), I found more style and creativity in Verbinski's version of the Ring.

Ele...
                        More style? Yes, but more creativity in Verbinski's remake? Ur, I think not.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant1978
                          I found more style and creativity in Verbinski's version of the Ring.
                          I've seen the original 1998 "Ringu" and I have to agree in that I think "The Ring" improved on the original. The sequel, however, is awful.

Comment

well, despite "attachments" of renee and the director, this movie probably won't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul
                              well, despite "attachments" of renee and the director, this movie probably won't happen.
                              It's happening, production is set to begin sometime early this year and with a well known actress like Renée Zellweger on board I can't really see the project being shut down. It apparently has already been scheduled to be released in the Netherlands on January 11, 2007 (according to IMDb.com) so one can probably expect the film to be released here in the States before the year is over. Plus, overall the surge of American remakes of Japanese/Asian horror films have been very successful which is plenty more incentive for them to keep coming. "Pulse", a remake of the 2001 film "Kairo", hits theaters March 3, 2006.

Comment

Working...
                              X