Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Scariest Movie

Two other movies that really creeped me out and I don't think I slept well for a couple of weeks afterward (supposed true stories):

The Entity

Communion

KWV

Comment

Scariest scene?: 'Fire in the sky' when DB Sweeney gets swept up in the woods by the ? (For sake of spoliage)

That creeped me out for days

Comment

Originally posted by ViningWolff
        Alien
        I didn't see The excorcist until the recent re-relase about four years ago - scared the crap out of me.
        "The Exorcist: The Version You've Never Seen" was released in the fall of 2000, so that was about five (almost six) years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Pencey
          Scariest part of The Eye was when the girl was in the hospital and hears that old woman's voice coming up from behind her.
          Yeah, that and the train scene. That creeped me out pretty seriously.

Comment

The Exorcist and The Shining are the only two movies I will not watch if I am home alone.

There are a lot of films that terrified me as a kid (Salem's Lot, Burnt Offerings, The Other, The Sentinal) that just don't hold up now.

I guess that's because they require some kind of supernatural beliefs, and lose their effectiveness as you outgrow that stuff.

But The Exorcist and Shining are both about someone close to you losing their identity in a way and/or going crazy, which might be the scariest thing of all.

Comment

DELIVERANCE -- the scariest movie I've ever seen, because it's so real, because the lives you see ruined are so familiar.

As for old Twilight Zones ... when I was a kid I was afraid if you fell out of bed and rolled underneath ... you were GONE. I guess most kidz fear monsters in the closet? I feared dimensional portals.

I loved staying up all night to watch the all-nite creature feature videos ... but my fear was: I knew I'd fall asleep, and then my brothers would pour water in my ear. It was like waiting for Chinese water torture.
              sigpic
              "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
              that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
              -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Working...
              X