Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V For Vendetta

Okay, so there's still two months before anyone gets to see this, but I have seen two early reviews

"One of the most politically audacious mainstream Hollywood films ever made" - Jeffrey Wells

"May well be the best film of 2006."- David Poland

Wells called it "Fight Club strapped to a fertilizer bomb", whereas Poland compared it to Clockwork Orange, and his full review

http://www.thehotbutton.com/today/ho...60112_thu.html

is really the worst case of a man-crush on a film I've ever seen.

It's a shame that the Wachowskis (who wrote V but didn't direct) have no other scripts in the pipeline and no plans to make any movies any time soon.

Re: V For Vendetta

Remember V For Vendetta GN was written by Alan Moore.

V for Vandetta Script was written by the W Bros.
    R.K. Bentley
    My Blog, My Design Studio
    "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

I don't recall ever having read such an effusively positive review of a film. If it's anywhere near what he says, I may actually cream my jeans upon first viewing.
      Just one more reason to get hammered tonight.

Comment

I can't stand Aint It Cool News (even though I check the site on a daily basis), but Harry Knowles screened Vendetta at his annual "Butt-Numb-Athon" this year, and so he put it as the best film he'd seen in 2005... even though it won't be released until this year!

Comment

Call me naive, but he really doesn't have to kiss the W Bros ass(es). If it's got the same GN weltanschauung as the Matrix, cool.
          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Naive.

Comment

Natives?

Huh? What?

This sounds like something good to see.
              Last edited by Adam Isaac; 01-13-2006, 03:40 PM. Reason: just felt like doing a bit of editing
              sigpic

Comment

You all know it's the W Siblings now, right?

Comment

Did one or both lose something along the way?

Comment

You seriously don't know what one of them did with his(her?) Matrix earnings????

Jeffrey Wells says he heard a rumor in March about how Wachowski wanted to live the rest of his life as a woman, but dismissed it. Then Wells was taken aback by the various reports:
                    - Jake Miller (apparently a transsexual);
                    - Wachowski's divorce papers that allude to his "dishonesty" in the marriage;
                    - Chicago Sun-Times columnist Bill Zwecker quoting a studio suit "Now I know why Larry paid so much attention during our costuming meetings";
                    - Time magazine article rolling up the same information but also adding a comment about the hat Wachowski wore to the Cannes premiere;
                    - And, finally, fellow movie journalist Dave Poland's column about the situation, in which Poland hems and haws about whether or not to write about it, finally writing, "Every indication I have says that Larry Wachowski is now in the process of changing his sex. Dressing in public like a woman, taking female hormones and yes, having a sex change operation."

Comment

This is a recent Rolling Stone piece on Larry Wachowski, aka Laurenca.

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...on=6.0.12.1040

It's long and not really about film, but it's interesting because if they never make another film together (which would be a shame) it's probably because of this issue.

Comment

dclary with the pass.... kitner with the alley-oop JAM!

Comment

D'oh! (Salazkin)

Replace lost with surgically removed.

Yes, I do know. I know about the Crying Game.
                          #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

D'oh! I'm afraid I'm not up on "Genitalia of the Rich and Famous", but thanks for the update, y'all.

Comment

For the record, Heather Graham: All Woman.

Comment

Working...
                              X