X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whistlelock
    replied
    Re: Brothers Grimm

I thought it was awesome. Great fun to spot the various tales woven into the movie. I thought Ledger and Damon were cast well, Damon the handsome con-man and Ledger as his handsome but shy bother.

Leave a comment:

• Pen Dragon
    replied

Italian torturer, but yeah that was him.

Everytime he opened his mouth I expected the forest to disappear

Leave a comment:

• scripter1
    replied

I saw it in the theater a while back, plenty of fun but a bit hard to follow and the dialog was really garbled. I'll rent it on DVD and play it with the subtitles on.

I thought Heath was great. He truly immerses himself in his characters and this was just loads of fun to see great big handsome Heath bumbling around and being shy. He also has that wonderful ability to change his appearance.

While I thought Matt did all right it was still... well, Matt Damon in period costume. That really bugs me. I can't fully get into the character.
    There were a few times when I thought he had lost his accent.

Was Peter Stormare the French torturer?
    Ugh, that was awful.

I enjoyed the weaving of tales too. That was fun and very creative.
    The gingerbread blob, wierd.
    Very dark film but it worked.

Leave a comment:

• vig
    replied

the movie or your predicitons aut?

vig

Leave a comment:

• Authorized
    replied

Awful, discombobulated, mess...

Leave a comment:

• flyingcactus
    replied

I liked it. I liked that it was a dark weirdo fairy tale. I liked the opening twist. I need to see it again.

Leave a comment:

• Architeuthis Dux
    replied

An odd film. I can see why some people would hate it. Kind of a weird blend of Pythonesque comedy and bizarre dark fantasy.

Peter Stormare was irritating. He was much better as the sociopathic killer in Fargo.

Didn't Jonathan Price (Pryce?) play the exact same character in The Adventures of Baron Munchhausen?

Leave a comment:

• dclary
    replied

I thought it was a lot of fun, but it was horribly cast, and by this, I mean Matt Damon and Heath Ledger are far, FAR too handsome to be in this movie. It was very cute, not too crappy, as Pen says.

Leave a comment:

• Pen Dragon
    started a topic Brothers Grimm

Brothers Grimm

Saw it last night. While nowhere near as bad as a lot of reviews claimed, I'm hard pressed to call it good either. Interesting visuals though obviously most of it was filmed in a soundstage. Things I liked: Matt Damon did a fairly good accent tho it wasn't German, he and Ledger's bumbling rapport, the attempted clever weaving in of the fairytale elements that would eventually become the foundations for Jacob's stories, and the visual style, which was appropriately dark and fairytale-ish.

Things I hated: Gilliam too giddy with the grossout humor, PETER STORMARE, and that whole Gingerbread man/sludgeball sequence. And the dialogue is too mumbled and muddled half the time.

And PETER STORMARE.

But overall it wasn't awful I guess.
Working...
X