• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Name this movie

You make a good point, Hairy.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac
      Mad Dog Earl is rolling over in his grave right now!
      Worst. Bogart. Crime Thriller. Ever

Comment

I see where you're coming from. Roy Earle wasn't one of his most enthralling characters. Perhaps it was the invalid that ditched him for the party boy that spunked this one?

Simple plot. Sort of a 30's gangster picture that came out in the mid 40's.

Not one of my favorites, but I've still seen it about 14 times.
        sigpic

Comment

To clarify my previous post (or faux pas if you will):

I misunderstood the post. Sorry! I thought you were trying to title an unproduced script, not an actual movie. I totally misread what the OP wrote. My bad!

And the "so" was for emphasis. Maybe if I had gone with "soooooooo" that would have been clearer, but then it would have just been obnoxious. Just be glad I didn't use "like so". There's no coming back from that.

And it has nothing to do with being an aspiring writer. I don't write like a "writer" in all of my posts. I usually write posts like I speak (some people misspell every other word in theirs or their sentences don't make any sense). I'm young. It's okay. I throw "dude" out there sometimes and I'm an east coast chick. People laugh. It's all good.

Dude, I need to take a break from this place. I've been pissing people off lately.

Much love!

"We're all immigrants now, man."
          - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac
            I see where you're coming from. Roy Earle wasn't one of his most enthralling characters. Perhaps it was the invalid that ditched him for the party boy that spunked this one?
            The whole thing soured on me, but yeah that Joan Leslie subplot was atrocious. The dog stole the movie. It should have been called 'Benji in the High Sierras'. Despite the nifty title sequence and Ida Lupino's sexier moments, I'd rather drip acid in my eyes than watch High Sierra ever again. I caught it on turner the other night but I saw it years before. It was just as bad as I remembered it

Comment

Working...
            X