Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Eye

Fvcking preposterous! I'm supposed to believe this sh*t?

Re: Red Eye

Despite a certain few things in the final act, I think it's overall a decent film.

Comment

Originally posted by j over
      Despite a certain few things in the final act, I think it's overall a decent film.
      Yeah, especially when its from Wes Craven, eh? I liked it!
      D. Alin
      http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Last act turned into a Wes Craven B movie.

Comment

I loved this movie...so has everyone I've talked to.

Some people on this board amaze me at how critical they are of almost al movies. This movie was fun with a nice hook. I thought the writer did a good job setting it up and made it believable. I thought the writing was outstanding!
          dawgy
          http://www.lamarcook.com

Comment

It was definatley engaging which is more than I can say for some other movies I've watched recently.
            Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

Also loved this movie. Could the 3rd act have been better? No doubt. But a great ride up until then.
              And I don't see how it's any more preposterous than most thrillers out there. Flightplan anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by argo
                Also loved this movie. Could the 3rd act have been better? No doubt. But a great ride up until then.
                And I don't see how it's any more preposterous than most thrillers out there. Flightplan anyone?

The movie was decent up until they got off the plane...then it fell apart.

The woman became some kind of super hero, killing trained assassins even though she's just a hotel manager. This girl-power crap makes me sick to my stomach.

At least make it believable like it was in Silence Of the Lambs.

Comment

Good first and second acts, crappy third.

Comment

Originally posted by Pencey

The woman became some kind of super hero, killing trained assassins even though she's just a hotel manager. This girl-power crap makes me sick to my stomach.

At least make it believable like it was in Silence Of the Lambs.
                    I thought the writer did a great job of explaining that. She carried the scar on her chest from being attacked in the past. This all comes to fruition when she is hiding in the airplane bathroom and she tells herself to get up. In other words she got mad as hell and she wasn't going to take it anymore. She wasn't super human at all. She was a woman fighting for her and her dads life. Not wanting to put a spoiler here but we saw who got the bad guy. I think she was anything but super human. She had taken crap all her life especially from customers and at that moment in the bathroom her entire life took another direction. No one would ever push her around again.

This was a great movie and I only wish I had written it.
                    dawgy
                    http://www.lamarcook.com

Comment

Originally posted by Pencey

SPOILERS

That pretty well sums up my opinion as well, and did it bother anyone else how readily she just gave up the Senator, his family, his aides, and untold other lives from the damage, just to save her Dad? We might do the same thing, but that doesn't make it right to use your job, trust and security clearance to willingly put lives in danger.

Sure, she got extremely lucky and saved everyone, but talk about breach of national security. I would have taken her into custody rather than congratulating her.

Comment

SPOILERS

The "cell-phone with no reception" hiccup is annoying if used a single time in most movies. RED EYE uses it over and over and over again. Just awful.

It's been a while since I saw this and tried quickly to put the experience out of my mind, but I remember being really frustrated that when the villain threatened the daughter with harm to her father, he said something along the lines of "right now there's a BMW parked across the street from dad's house. Inside it is..." Hmmm. Convenient he would tell her what to look out for.

Gimme a break.

Comment

Red A$$
                          ENNIS spits in the palm of his hand, puts it on himself.

Comment

Working...
                          X