No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domino

I watched 'Domino' last night.

I can't believe how bad this movie was. I had no idea what was going on and I didn't care. It was long, it was boring and I turned it off in the end.

The first 25 mins was backstory and exposition.

Horrible!
    I wanna tell you about the time I almost died....

Re: Domino

Bailed on this POS after about twenty minutes, too. I can't believe the same creative team behind MAN ON FIRE (and DONNIE DARKO) created something so disasterous...

Comment

Huh. I started out not liking it, and then when it got to the part with the "flipping coin" I started thinking: I like this, it's not what I expected. And in this one, the Scottian epileptic stylization actually contributes to the thing (unlike in MAN ON FIRE, which I liked, but thought the visuals unmotivated and jarring)

Don't care for the fat, round-faced Ms. Knightley, assumed she was trying to do the "make me ugly, I'm Charlize Theron" thing ... but the movie wasn't half-bad, imo.

o's differ, we all share woes.
      sigpic
      "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
      that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
      -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Originally posted by tabula rasa
        Huh. I started out not liking it, and then when it got to the part with the "flipping coin" I started thinking: I like this, it's not what I expected. And in this one, the Scottian epileptic stylization actually contributes to the thing (unlike in MAN ON FIRE, which I liked, but thought the visuals unmotivated and jarring)

Don't care for the fat, round-faced Ms. Knightley, assumed she was trying to do the "make me ugly, I'm Charlize Theron" thing ... but the movie wasn't half-bad, imo.

o's differ, we all share woes.
        Interesting POV. I couldn't disagree more about Scott's visual style being more appropriate in this film than MAN ON FIRE. Different strokes for different folks....

Comment

the main chic looked kinda weak...i didnt buy her story.
          One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Loved it. Over the top fun.
            (As mentioned in the other three threads).

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Does Tony Scott drink heavily before getting behind a camera?
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X