$30 Million for Reese Witherspoon!!!??? WTF!!!!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $30 Million for Reese Witherspoon!!!??? WTF!!!!

29-year-old Reese Witherspoon, frontrunner to win the best actress award at this weekend's Oscars, is to push earnings for women in the film business to record heights with her next movie reports The Sydney Morning Herald..

Witherspoon is producing and starring in "Our Family Trouble", about a mother fighting demons possessing her child in Witherspoon's native South. The actress is expected earn $US30 million for the role - overtaking the previous $25 million record set by Julia Roberts for 2003's "Mona Lisa Smile".

The actress wants to film near her childhood haunts in Tennessee. "It's about a young child in peril, which as a mother I can appreciate. There is nothing scarier" she says.

Re: $30 Million for Reese Witherspoon!!!??? WTF!!!!

Can Hollywood get any dumber!!!???

Comment

I'm not a fan. But Julia Roberts is no spring chicken. Somebody's gotta take the throne.

"Entertaining the world is a full time, up at dawn, never ending siege, the likes of which you will never fully understand."
      Billy Thrilly 2005

Comment

Why not? That's a $10 million raise... but male leads get that kind of money so why shouldn't women? Why should Adam Sandler be worth $30 million but Reese Witherspoon not be?

- Bill
        Free Script Tips:
        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Why did I have a feeling Rasta started this thread before I even clicked on it?

Ele...

Comment

reese witherspoon is not a star. she is a women who got some great roles, but do people go to the movies to see her. no.

this is a slippery web, weaved on a slop when stuff gets tangled in the hollywood webbing.

vig

Comment

legally blonde: prod and mrkt budget 43 million
              worldwide take: 141.7 million

LB2: prod and mrkt budget 75 million
              worldwide take: 124.9 million

Comment

Let's all be fair for a second. She had reasonable hits in the past. Which makes her somewhat deserving But the box office and accolades for Walk the Line were her true breakthrough. That movie is a monumental moment in her career.

So this whole pay raise is completely understandable.

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by vig
                  reese witherspoon is not a star. she is a women who got some great roles, but do people go to the movies to see her. no.

this is a slippery web, weaved on a slop when stuff gets tangled in the hollywood webbing.

vig
                  I can't remember if it's you or VMF that I'm at war with...I think it's you.

Anyway, I'll agree with you on this. I think Hollywood's overpaying her. But hey, that's their loss.

Comment

Originally posted by elephant1978

So this whole pay raise is completely understandable.

Ele...
                    Not $30M understandable!!!!

Comment

Anyone that can pull in 30 mil for a couple months work has my utmost respect.

Smells like sour grapes in here....

V
                      it's not rocket surgery

Comment

If you look at the numbers I posted she's well worth it.

Personally her comedies are atrocious.

I have to admit, she was great in walk the line.

Comment

The only thing I've seen I liked Reese Witherspoon in was Legally Blonde.

I still haven't had a chance to see Walk the Line, though. It only stayed at my local theatre for about 3 days before it was replaced by something else - and that was during its first run.

Comment

reece witherspoon? i thought we were talking about pe-wee reece. my bad. reece witherspoon is a bonafide star.

vig

Comment

Originally posted by Kid Rasta
                              Not $30M understandable!!!!
                              How is it not? It's the succession of Hollywood royalty. Julia Roberts is getting old. The next one in line is Reese.

Can you tell me any other actress (based on box office, popularity, and talent combined) that deserves it more?

Ele...

Comment

Working...
                              X