No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inside Man

I didn't care for the characters. It was interesting to see what they were
    really after, but a lot of people fidgeted in their seats. Too slow, too long,
    bad directing.

Renter.

Charli

Re: Inside Man

For real? Maybe I'll see Thank You for Smoking instead.
    "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
    - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

First time scribe Russell Gerwitz didn't even want to be a screenwriter. But, he had a good idea for a movie, contacted a friend and an inside man/Hollywood producer who helped him write the script (uncredited). The buddy producer got him into CAA, which promptly sent the script to Imagine Entertainment (Universal deal) who bought the script in less than a week.

Source: Creative Screenwriting Weekly Newsletter

Comment

Originally posted by Authorized
        First time scribe Russell Gerwitz didn't even want to be a screenwriter. But, he had a good idea for a movie, contacted a friend and an inside man/Hollywood producer who helped him write the script (uncredited). The buddy producer got him into CAA, which promptly sent the script to Imagine Entertainment (Universal deal) who bought the script in less than a week.

Source: Creative Screenwriting Weekly Newsletter
        That makes me fvcking sick...

Comment

Not if you're Russell.
          "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
          - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

I just saw it in a packed theater. Very enjoyable until the end, which suffers from Return of the King syndrome by showing way too much after everything went down and was over with.

Comment

Originally posted by Pencey
              That makes me fvcking sick...
              why? i'd take those advantages if i could. would you?
              "everything a writer learns about the art and craft of fiction takes just a little away from his need or desire to write at all. in the end he knows all the tricks and has nothing to say."

Comment

Also saw it in a packed house and agree with biohazard. It was the movie that wouldn't end. But up until that point it was worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by prince pantyhose
                  why? i'd take those advantages if i could. would you?
                  Well, it all comes down to the argument that rears its ugly head hereabouts from time to time: is it talent or who you know that'll get your script bought and produced? Here's an instance of the latter more than the former. And, it's annoying that someone who just "had an idea" and didn't even WANT to be a scriptwriter got his script sold in (seems like) minutes after it was written.

That's one in the eye for the people who actually WORK at their craft, and get nowhere.

Makes you wonder why you bother....

Comment

Originally posted by TDWoj
                    That's one in the eye for the people who actually WORK at their craft, and get nowhere.
                    I haven't read the script, but based on what I saw on screen, Inside Man was pretty solid. So, whether he intended to become a screenwriter is irrelevent. He became a screenwriter the moment he started writing. That script sold. And I won't begrudge the man just because he doesn't have five other scripts gathering dust in his closet.

Comment

Is it just me or do those scenes where the hostages are interviewed at the jailhouse by Denzel just not work. I don't see how they added anything to the story.

Personally I think the story would have played much stronger without those harshly lit jailhouse interview scenes. They slowed the story down for me.

Comment

Maybe Spike did an uncredited rewrite?

I'm just sayin'...
                        If you really like it you can have the rights
                        It could make a million for you overnight

Comment

Maybe Spike did an uncredited rewrite?
                          I actually read Gerwitz' original spec and I'd say 75% to 80% of that spec was still intact. And most of the rewrites seemed to come at the end, which is arguably the worst part (completely dragged out now).

And, it's annoying that someone who just "had an idea" and didn't even WANT to be a scriptwriter got his script sold in (seems like) minutes after it was written.
                          While he didn't want to be a screenwriter growing up, he obviously wants to be one now or he wouldn't have written this script. And he wrote the script over an entire year with a producer's help.

Comment

obviously he had timing and talent.

Don't be so bitter.
                            The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by Charli
                              I didn't care for the characters. It was interesting to see what they were
                              really after
                              as long as it's not a model plane.

That would be a headfvck.
                              The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Working...
                              X