Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sherlock Holmes

If anyone wants to write a 'Sherlock Holmes' story based on a TRUE incident - here is a logline I toyed with ages ago - based on a true story:

"When the leader of the Sherlock Holmes fan club is brutally murdered, the other members of the club must use their hero's methods to find the killer".

Amazing true story. You can't make stuff like this up.

Unfortunately, as it is real life they never did convict the killer - although they have their suspicions as to what happened. Still - makes a great story. I was tempted to go along the lines of 'A Beautiful Mind' where it follows instead the mental illness of the main character. Very sad.

The logline is free for whoever wants to persue it!

Mac
    (See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3653645.stm for a reference)
    New blogposts:
    *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
    *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
    *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
    *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

S Holmes/Rupert Everett

I saw a PBS/BBC TV project that had Rupert Everett as Holmes. I think it may be a new series of MOW projects. I did not hear of any new feature films.

I can't stand Everett because he was a total jerk on the set of Disney's Inspector Gadget. I was standing in line at the craft services waiting to get lunch and he cut through pushing people out of his way. I think he was drunk or high. What an a-hole!

BeefMissile
      I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac H.
        If anyone wants to write a 'Sherlock Holmes' story based on a TRUE incident - here is a logline I toyed with ages ago - based on a true story:

"When the leader of the Sherlock Holmes fan club is brutally murdered, the other members of the club must use their hero's methods to find the killer".

Amazing true story. You can't make stuff like this up.

Unfortunately, as it is real life they never did convict the killer - although they have their suspicions as to what happened. Still - makes a great story. I was tempted to go along the lines of 'A Beautiful Mind' where it follows instead the mental illness of the main character. Very sad.

The logline is free for whoever wants to pursue it!

Mac
        (See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/3653645.stm for a reference)
        I think I read something about that, in a collection of stories by The Baker Street Irregulars, but I didn't think it was a true story, I thought at the time it was fiction? Hmm. Interesting article.

(Toronto's SH group is called The Bootmakers, for you trivia nuts. If you have to ask why, shame on you, calling yourself a Sherlockian!)

Comment

The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes was good.

I dig the old Rathbone films as well.

I remember HAMMER doing The Hound of the Baskervilles(probably my personal favorite).
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X