X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Inconvenient Truth

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramo...truth/trailer/

i got a chill for a second....what do you think about this one?
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Re: An Inconvenient Truth

Makes me want to buy a Prius.

Comment

These are types of movies that really tick me off that they get called "documentary".

I've already stated that I have a problem with documentary films that are so over the top in pushing their ideology, so there should be no surprise that this one is on that list.

No doubt, it really is a great trailer, they put it together in a wonderful way. I can enjoy the work that went into that, and the effective product that they produced.

As far as the subject, this stuff just pisses me off. Did I get chills? No, I got angry. An Inconvenient Truth? Please.
      Don't repeat it; create it.

Comment

Has Mr. Gore or any of his advocates ever explained the role of increased undersea volcanic activity on the warming of the ocean, and the effect on storms? Did Man create this volcanic activity? Does the film present a balanced view, or does it leave out the facts that do not support the theories presented?

I am more afraid of comets hitting the Earth than I am of climate change, not because I watched a movie, but because I have analyzed the facts that show our planet has survived several near misses in the recent past and another comet is on the way in a few years. Calculations say it will miss. Let's hope their math teachers did a good job.
        We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

An inconvenient fact:

There IS a problem with global warming... it stopped in 1998
          The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Originally posted by billmarq
            Has Mr. Gore or any of his advocates ever explained the role of increased undersea volcanic activity on the warming of the ocean, and the effect on storms? Did Man create this volcanic activity? Does the film present a balanced view, or does it leave out the facts that do not support the theories presented?

I am more afraid of comets hitting the Earth than I am of climate change, not because I watched a movie, but because I have analyzed the facts that show our planet has survived several near misses in the recent past and another comet is on the way in a few years. Calculations say it will miss. Let's hope their math teachers did a good job.
            This is why I have such a hard time with documentaries, in general. I want a documentary to give me information, and let me make up my mind. Hitting me over the head with ideology doesn't "document" anything other than the opinion of the documentarian.

Does this movie discuss the points you brought up? Heh, now that is funny!

I have to stop.... I'm taking a step away for a moment...

Comment

hey, my unicorn told me about that comet thing too. according to Buttons: there is no link whatsoever to human activity and global warming. also, he said smoking cigarettes doesn't cause cancer.
              If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed. -- Stanley Kubrick

Comment

Forget about Iran, did everyone catch the excellent BBC/Discovery Channel docum-drama, SUPERVOLCANO, about Yellowstone?

There ain't nothing mankind can do about that! Pack a picnic. We're all doomed.

Another interesting development... scientists can extrapolate worldwide population from the diversity of DNA... and around the time of the last super-eruption, there was a genetic "bottleneck" that proves global population dropped to several thousand people. This is why there is so little genetic difference even between highly isolated cultures.

Comment

Now, I am depressed. I am going to watch Pollyanna.
                  We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Yup. I'm afraid your DNA is 99.242424% thrillster.
                    Last edited by BROUGHCUT; 04-11-2006, 03:30 PM.

Comment

BROUGH,

I didn't watch that episode, dammit!

bill: I am more afraid of comets hitting the Earth than I am of climate change, not because I watched a movie, but because I have analyzed the facts that show our planet has survived several near misses in the recent past and another comet is on the way in a few years. Calculations say it will miss. Let's hope their math teachers did a good job.
                      The earth is protected by a magnetic shield, so I'm sure it can handle a measly meteorite.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...eticcracks.htm

Dec. 3, 2003: Earth is surrounded by a magnetic force field--a bubble in space called "the magnetosphere" tens of thousands of miles wide.

KWV

Comment

There's a BBC docu series called Horizon that loves TEOTWAWKI themes. Apparently a huge solar flare would neutralise the planet's ozone layer. The first we would know of it is worldwide Aurora Borealis, then in the morning everyone's skin would burn off.

Nice.

The entire Yellowstone park has raised a couple of feet since the last survey... it blows every 600,000 years and is overdue an eruption.

SUPERVOLCANO is superb. Not your Hallmark "Supernova" sh!te. Top-notch production values and script. BBC and Disocvery co-produce some quality stuff. (Is Planet Earth airing in the states yet?)

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/supervolcano/supervolcano.html

DVD: http://shopping.discovery.com/product-58069.html

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

Comment

Cool, BROUGH, I'll check those links out.

KWV

Comment

Originally posted by Kwvillen

The earth is protected by a magnetic shield, so I'm sure it can handle a measly meteorite.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...eticcracks.htm

KWV
                            Except for that one that, you know, might have taken out the dinoaurs. And, the one that made that big crater in Arizona, you know, other than those...

Comment

warren!!!

I see my sarcasm wasn't wasted on everyone, but you.

KWV

Comment

Working...
                              X