This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: An Inconvenient Truth

The good news is that if haunted is elected president, instead of invading Iran, we'll just get bogged down in a protacted and ultimately futile message board flame war between him and Ahmadinejad.

Couldn't resist.

Comment

Hairy, no not that part, the other part. You said the car was completely electric.
      Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

Well he did misrepresent it... a little
        "wow. you didn't misrepresent that story at all" needed a deadpan smiley.

If you want to "store" enough energy to see you through the winter without installing wind turbines/enough solar panels to keep pace with your daily requirements, you'll have to put in a nuclear reactor (or a very large fuel tank for a generator).

Lead-acid storage batteries are needed for any (viable) off-grid wind or solar system, and the manufacture and disposal of these is polluting, so obviously we need to look into alternative technologies like the fuel cell set-up described in the article.

Did the article mention how many amp/hrs of electricity the system yields and what the daily energy usage of the house was?

Originally posted by Goon Squad
        On behalf of every lib that has ever been called "unamerican" a "traitor" "a terrorist" or worse because they don't agree with our faulty Iraq policy, let me just say you have to be kidding.
        Can we add "ignorant" to this list? Eccles here thinks Muslims 'culturally simply don't have the capacity to handle democratic government' and wants 'very, very much to go back to not giving a ****' about the rest of the world. If he is representative of liberal America, the terrorists don't have to fly planes into buildings to beat you, they just have to start kicking in gopher holes.
        The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

Holy sh@t, Brough. Talk about quoting somebody out of context. That's not at all what Goon said...and he didn't even say it on Done Deal.

Hold grudges much?

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
          It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
          -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Originally posted by Pipe View Post
            Hairy, no not that part, the other part. You said the car was completely electric.
            I misremembered, not misrepresented.

I'm not an energy technology wonk like some of you fine folks. I have no idea how this sh!t works and I don't really care so long as it works in reducing our dependence on fossil fuels.
            http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Originally posted by haunted View Post
              Holy sh@t, Brough. Talk about quoting somebody out of context.
              Ah, so there's a context were culturally muslims have the capacity to handle democratic government. I wonder what that context might be? Kurdistan seems to have nurtured a capacity to become truly democratic during the decade the no-fly zone was in place...

Hold grudges much?
              Grudges? What about? Eccles strikes me as an extreme left-winger. 'Libs' would probably like to know who is speaking on their behalf.

You can't get much more "unamerican" than concluding a race of people are culturally predisposed to authoritarian autocracy.
              The Complete IfilmPro DEVELOPMENT FORUM (PDF)

Comment

This is inexplicable. What has you so utterly incoherent all of a sudden?

And if you were so angered by what Goon said on another board, why didn't you comment on it there, instead of dragging it over here?

My guess is you knew you'd be outnumbered there and have no arch conservative moderator to pull your fat out of the fire when the topic turned against you.

Really courageous, man. Keep fighting the good fight for truth.
                Last edited by haunted; 03-28-2007, 01:25 PM.

Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself.
                It is a hallmark of an authoritarian regime.
                -- Potter Stewart

Comment

Dear Broughcut

I didn't say that about Muslims. I said that Iraq as a political entity was not ready for democracy. Iraq - the country, not Islam the religion. Want me to repeat it again? The rest of my post was intended as a sardonic rant within the context of the message board it was posted on where sardonic rants are plentiful and tounges are planted firmly in cheek and has no business being brought up here.

None whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Goon Squad View Post
                    I'm with stupid.
                    Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

This thread is fast approaching 200 posts. What's the record?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scripter1 View Post
                        I just want to say,
                        I'm with Andlary.
                        You're not alone.
                        Of course we're not alone, Scripter. Thanks for your post.
                        Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

To all:

We all enjoy lively discussion. When the discussion devolves into personal attacks and nonsense, the thread disappears or is at a minimum, locked.

Got it? This is not news.
                          We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

Working...
                          X