Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New STAR TREK Movie To Debut Ini 2008

Director JJ Abrams (Lost, Alias, Mission Impossible 3) will bring the 11th Star Trek movie to llife along with the hot screenwriting team of Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12425212/

With Scotty passed on to the great Enterprise in the sky, a new character will be added to call for help from the planet below. "Beam me up, Larry."

Re: New STAR TREK Movie To Debut Ini 2008

If he's going to do this, he better focus on some of the major characters of the 24th century... after all these actors are still young enough to play the roles. As for the original cast, they are getting too old... that's IMPO naturally.

Fruthermore, I hope the script is a good one based on some villian we are familar with.

Let's find out, eh?
    D. Alin
    http://alinproduction.blogspot.com Sci-Fi/Fantasy (Basically) [Skype me at "Buyitpc" - I will surely love to talk!]

Comment

Re: New STAR TREK Movie To Debut In 2008

Original ST: X Thread started here.
      R.K. Bentley
      My Blog, My Design Studio
      "Little hand says it's time to rock an' roll." - Hot Fuzz.

Comment

It's the young Kirk and Spock concept they've been throwing around for years, or at least according to darkhorizons.com it is. Starfleet Academy stuff.

Not a huge Trek fan, but this could be cool.
        Goonies never say die!

Comment

Originally posted by Authorized
          With Scotty passed on to the great Enterprise in the sky, a new character will be added to call for help from the planet below. "Beam me up, Larry."
          Welshy!

Comment

Without a major re-thinking (and I mean a change of entire worldview, not just another recasting of characters) ... the mere thought of yet another STAR TREK being made ... while FIREFLY and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA so much more deserve the big screen $$$ and glory ... causes stomach juices to rise into my throat.

And I used to love Star Trek. But it lost its energy like Bond lost its energy ... long ago.

Show me a STAR TREK written for anything but naifs and I'll go. Tweener sci-fi makes me ill.

And no you cannot have sex with the Tashsa Yar action doll. In or outside its plastic package.

That said: JJ Abrams?! I actually hope I'm wrong and he could pull it off.
            sigpic
            "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
            that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
            -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Originally posted by tabula rasa
              Without a major re-thinking (and I mean a change of entire worldview, not just another recasting of characters) ... the mere thought of yet another STAR TREK being made ... while FIREFLY and BATTLESTAR GALACTICA so much more deserve the big screen $$$ and glory ... causes stomach juices to rise into my throat.
              Star Trek, done right (As in Harve Bennett/Nicholas Meyer) could make a successful comeback on the big screen. Those two actually knew how to make Trek work.

Show me a STAR TREK written for anything but naifs and I'll go. Tweener sci-fi makes me ill.
              That's my main concern with this new proposed movie, that they're gonna dumb it down for the pimply-faced audience. If I had to go by what I know of it now, I'll pass -- but maybe rent the DVD

And no you cannot have sex with the Tashsa Yar action doll. In or outside its plastic package.
              All it takes is a little imagination... uh, never mind.

That said: JJ Abrams?! I actually hope I'm wrong and he could pull it off.
              fingers crossed - check, rosarie beads - check, voodoo priest - check...

Comment

to borrow from the very thread I started: Trek Begins, just when you thought it was safe to go back into space.

Comment

I read on IMDb that J.J. might not direct and just produce and that it isn't actually focusing on Kirk and Spock and... Get this... Phil Hoffman as the medical officer.

Comment

Working...
                  X