Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land Of The Blind

North American premiere tonight at Tribeca. (I think it's tonight -- or tomorrow night? Okay, check the sched.)

Stars Ralph Fiennes and Donald Sutherland in a film written and directed by Robert Edwards.

This script won a Nicholl Fellowship in 2001. Anybody who catches it, please post here? I'd love to see it but have to wait for it to get distribution....

Thanks!
    my webpage
    my blog

Re: Land Of The Blind

I know Bob! Nice guy. Been a Hurculean task to get this film made, as the original financier was Elie Samaha and Franchise.

Hope it turned out well for him....

Comment

No kidding. A Nicholl winner made into a film. Can't wait.
      Writers write to be read, right?

Comment

Damn. None of the screening times fit into my schedule or are already sold out. I did just buy tickets to the Audience Award Winner screening on the last day of the festival so if it wins that, I'll see it then.
        http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Just got tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBitHack
            Just got tickets.
            We expect full poop on this tomorrow, Twobit. Great cast.

(It never fails to amaze me how I wish for something to be absolutely wonderful. I get my hopes up every time.)

Comment

He is a great guy, isn't he? I won the same year he did, and probably know him the least well of my fellow Fellows, but did have breakfast with his wife one day!

AKEELAH AND THE BEE is another Nicholl winner that is out right now -- also written-and-directed-by. Doug Atchison won the year before I did -- the year I was a Finalist. He's a great guy, too.
              my webpage
              my blog

Comment

It's interesting that Atchison and Bob have previous filmmaking experience before winning the Nicholls...These aren't bumbkins who won a contest and who knew nothing about the business or putting a movie together. These are go-getters who had to get their own movies made. I remember reading "Land of the Blind" and not thinking it was smart satire as much as just weird satire and too incoherent...Really good cast but the movie'll never make any money.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms
                  I remember reading "Land of the Blind" and not thinking it was smart satire as much as just weird satire and too incoherent...Really good cast but the movie'll never make any money.
                  Ditto. Didn't think the script was "all that," and it definitely won't make an impact at the B.O. if for no other reason that it's release platform amidst the summer fare. But, again, good for Bob that he got it made!

Comment

Two Bit, well?

Comment

Saw it last night. 11PM showing.

Fantastic film. Brilliant satire. A very well informed and literate analysis of dictatorial excess as well as revolutionary rhetoric and ironic contraditions.

This film definitely took things over the top but it all worked perfectly.

The film grabs reference and influence from South America to Eastern Europe to Communist China to Camdodia; from Mao to Ceacescu to Castro to Hitler.

A modern 1984 with a sense of humor.

A must-see.

"Stale old bread is better than nothing. And nothing is better than a nice juicy steak. Therefore, stale old bread is better than a nice juicy steak.
                      Last edited by TwoBitHack; 05-05-2006, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Thanks -- can't wait! It just needs to get picked up for distribution.
                        my webpage
                        my blog

Comment

I'm giddly with relief. Thanks, Twobit. Can't wait to see it. We can't have enough good movies, you know.

Comment

Working...
                          X