No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoodwinked

On a scale of 5 stars, I give it an Eh.

The animation was just crap. I've seen far far far better in computer games 3 years ago.

The story was kinda interesting- all of the different ways that day happened.

The tendency to bust out into song kinda freaked me out, but some of them were funny.

But, honestly, the side one-line gags were funnier than the rest of the film.

I liked the wolf, but then I've liked that actor in voice work ever since the Emperer's New Groove as Kronk.

But it's an okay rental, if you really want to see something and you've rented all the other new releases.

Re: Hoodwinked

I kinda enjoyed this movie, if only for the fact that it featured some actual writing, and didn't just count on "ultra-hip pop culture references" to carry the day.

I'd still rather the young 'uns picked out Toy Story 1/2 or the Incredibles for movie night, but I'd easily take Hoodwinked over utter tripe like Robots and Chicken Little, or even Madagascar.

Comment

yeah, it is a step well above those other films you mentioned. If they'd put out some real money for the computer animation, I think this movie would have done far better business at the BO.

With the ending they did, I suspect they were trying to put out a animated pilot that they couldn't sell and turned into a movie.

Comment

My favorite quote from some Internet critic...

"It's as if Hoodwinked was put together in some back alley with a Commodore 64."

Comment

I'll bet he just *loved* the technically-superior crap-fest Robots.

"It's as if Robots was put together using a roomful of Sun servers controlled by a team of drunken mountain gorillas"

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock
            yeah, it is a step well above those other films you mentioned. If they'd put out some real money for the computer animation, I think this movie would have done far better business at the BO.
            Agreed. Cute story, atrocious animation. I ended up turning it off, actually, the design and execution was so annoying to me....

Comment

I think the story was one guy animated the whole thing, on his home PC, as a dare? that's what people told me when this was released.

Comment

The budget was around 15-20 million.
                "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Huh I just took them at face value since it looked like someone just made it at home... but after some internet digging I can't find anything that makes that claim... great, now I gotta go kick someones ass

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy
                    I think the story was one guy animated the whole thing, on his home PC, as a dare? that's what people told me when this was released.
                    Methinks they were pulling your leg, as no home PC or server is going to do that work in under a few decades, and maybe not even then, probably closer to an even century.

This movie may not be on-par with Pixar or Blue Sky technically, but I also bet that the visual effects team didn't spend ten's of millions on computer equipment either. I prefer Pixar's "story+FX" approach, but I'd rather have a slightly-interesting story and poor FX like Hoodwinked, rather than a totally story-less mess like Robots or Chicken Little.

Comment

Working...
                    X