Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Super Ex-Girlfriend

I wish this was getting more attention. I have no clue how the premise is executed (no trailer available), but upon discovery of this movie a short while ago, it's bumped up to my #1 must-see of the summer.
    Stupid tv. Be more funny - Homer J. Simpson

Re: My Super Ex-Girlfriend

Eddie Izzard is in it = MacG will see it.

Comment

Am I the only one who finds this concept stupid and obvious?

Ele...

Comment

Originally posted by elephant1978
        Am I the only one who finds this concept stupid and obvious?
        I thought the same about Bruce Almighty, which turned out to be a lot of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by creativexec
          I think it's a great concept. What's "obvious" about it?
          A guy finds out his ex-girlfriend is a superhero and she uses her powers to drive him nuts.

With all the super-hero stuff going on, it doesn't feel that fresh to me. I dunno. Maybe I'm the only one.

Ele...

Comment

I dunno know.
            What powers? What does she do to him?
            The first things that popped into my silly little head were stupid little practical jokes.

Boyfriend "I can't believe she put my truck on the roof again!"

I would almost think this would play better as a dark comedy. I mean, how do you get away from somebody who is stronger, faster, smarter, meaner, more capable then the whole army?
            Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
            by BellaBella

Comment

CE stole my post!

With so many superhero movies out there, the time is ripe to have fun with the superhero idea. Since this isn't *anything* like a regular superhero movie, it's not the same old thing. In a way, it seems like a Greek comedy - the "Gods" having fun with us mortals... and a relationship comedy at the same time. If I have my choice between THE BREAK UP (swiped from an I LOVE LUCY episode) and this flick - SUPER EX is the clear winner in the creativity dept.... I want to see how this guy survives the break up.

Wish I'd thought of it (I *did* think of SKY HIGH... I just didn't write it. It's in my book (What if there were a school for super heroes?).

Important to have a sense of what might work.

- Bill
              Free Script Tips:
              http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I don't know. Just does nothing for me. Guess I'm the odd man out.

Ele...

Comment

Is Kryptonic a word?

Comment

All right CE, thanks for the deeper understanding.

It's all in the execution I guess.
                    If the writer presents a plausiable reason for this super chick not to totally lose it and turn murderess then I think the story could fly.

For our two protags then it's a matter of not going nuts until they either figure out a way to stop her or she gives up.

But it's not just problems for the two new lovers. If she's tossing cars then EVERYONE in the area has a problem.

I'd be willing to check this one out for the learning experience.
                    I like this new trend in digging deep in to the psyche of these characters. Making them human and real in contradiction to their super powers.

And I think Uma is perfect for the role.
                    Last edited by scripter1; 05-17-2006, 04:56 AM.
                    Are you going to write "Trust me" in the query?"
                    by BellaBella

Comment

Originally posted by dclary
                      Is Kryptonic a word?
                      It's superhero vernacular.

Comment

The poster for this movie looks like a romantic comedy poster.

The only still I've seen from this movie (in a magazine and online) is
                        the guy standing in a trash dumpster holding a hairdryer at Uma.
                        Looks like a romantic comedy there.

As a consumer I'm thinking this is My Best Friends Wedding on steroids
                        without Julia.
                        myhomeconvalesceblog

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell
                          With so many superhero movies out there, the time is ripe to have fun with the superhero idea.
                          Well put Bill, and any "hot genre" that is on the way out (like super hero movies) is usually followed by a series of comedy or parody films that squeeze out that last bit of money.

I think the concept is very good, and its timing couldn't be better - after so many leather-clad, stupid-serious efforts, audiences are ripe for a humorous take at super heroes.

Comment

i like the idea as well.

but im worried we're about to hit superhero fatigue, before my great faux superhero movie.

Comment

I liked the idea a lot. ("Obvious?" Only in the "I wish I had thought of that" sense.) I had high hopes --until i saw some of the production stills. What the hell is Uma wearing? Huh? Now, I'm lukewarm.

Comment

Working...
                              X