• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Movie Lines

What's your favorite line from a movie (or movies)? Some of mine:

BE COOL - "Twinkle twinkle baby, twinkle twinkle."

BRINGING DOWN THE HOUSE - "I got this outfit from your momma."

SIGNS - "Swing away Merrill."

And of course Marlon Brando's classic ON THE WATERFRONT line!!!!(I don't even need to put it do I???)

I know there are some that I'm not thinking of. I'm having a brain fart right now!!!! Some lines I like aren't necessarily from what some consider cinematic masterpieces, it's just they stick in my head. Reminds me of a scene that was particularly funny or touching to me. When there's a situation that comes up where it fits, I use it.
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Re: Favorite Movie Lines

A) You're kidding, right?

B) You're automatically disqualified from even being in this thread, for the 3 stinkers you initially nominated.

Comment

Ouch!!
      Felicitations, malefactors! I am endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparation of saleable screenplays. WHO WILL JOIN ME!

Comment

Other than the required Yippie-kay-ay (spelling?) line from Die Hard, most of my favorite lines (at least the ones I repeat) are from silly comedies, like The Holy Grail, Fletch, Vacation, Pink Panther, etc...
        Don't repeat it; create it.

Comment

Um, did I say I was kidding? I live in America on plant Earth - where people have different opinons and are allowed to express them. Where do you live?
          "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

They Live - "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum".

Trainspotting - "In a thousand years, there will be no men and women, just wankers, and that's fine by me."

The Thing - "I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but if you can find the time, I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS ****ING COUCH!!!"

Comment

Thanks Hessian and Warren.

At least SOMEONE was paying attention when I said "Some lines I like aren't necessarily from what some consider cinematic masterpieces, it's just they stick in my head."

Comment

''If we were in the Garden of Eden you'd send a search party out for the snake''
                Can't remember the movie but I remember liking the line.
                http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Hessian
                  They Live - "I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum".
                  I think the reason that's such a great line is because it pokes fun at itself as a catchphrase.

Comment

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn!"
                    Gone with the Wind

"Here's looking at you, kid."
                    Casablanca

"That's life. If nothing else, its life. It's real, and sometimes it ****in' hurts, but it's sort of all we have."
                    Garden State

"...buckle your seatbelt, Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye."
                    Matrix

"How do you pick up the threads of an old life? How do you go on... when in your heart... you begin to understand... there is no going back? There are some things that time cannot mend. Some hurts that go too deep... that have taken hold."
                    Lord of the Rings

"On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
                    Fight club

"Just because the fvcker's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!"
                    Seven

"Englishmen don't know what a tongue is for."
                    Braveheart

"I usually get kissed before I get fvcked."
                    Black Rain

"There's an old expression that's served me well: "Do not sh1t where you eat." "
                    Payback

"I don't want to lie. I can't tell the truth. So it's over."
                    Closer

"It's not who I am underneath, but what I *do* that defines me."
                    Batman returns
                    A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                    Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                    Money is better than compliments.

Comment

DMNY, good call on the GONE WITH THE WIND. I haven't seen BLACK RAIN, but I like that line you've mentioned.

Can always count on you.

Thanks all you guys and gals....it's interesting to see what people's favorite movie lines are!

Comment

I don't know if these are my favorites... but they came to mind as ones I like.

Some Like It Hot
                        You will have to excuse my friend. He has an empty stomach and it's gone to his head.

Red River
                        I'm not gonna hit ya, I'm not gonna hit ya... Like Hell I'm not.

From Oceans 11
                        R: You are a thief and a liar.
                        C: I only lied about being a thief.

Fortune favors the bold - Virgil

Comment

AIRPLANE - "I like my coffee black, like my men."
                          YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - "I give you best duck." (best double entendre in all the Bond films)

Comment

Originally posted by writer0825
                            DMNY, good call on the GONE WITH THE WIND. I haven't seen BLACK RAIN, but I like that line you've mentioned.

Can always count on you.

Thanks all you guys and gals....it's interesting to see what people's favorite movie lines are!
                            You're more than welcome.
                            A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                            Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                            Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatOz
                              YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - "I give you best duck." (best double entendre in all the Bond films)
                              Surely it was this one from airplane.....I mean The World is Not Enough

Bond in bed with Dr Christmas Jones

Bond: I was wrong about you.
                              Jones: Yeah, how so?
                              Bond: I thought Christmas only comes once a year.
                              http://wasitsomethingiwrote.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X