Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FEAST - anyone still give a sh!t?

Just a warning...if you haven't read the script, avoid watching the trailer.

They give away one of the movie's best gags in it.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Is the trailer online?

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Preview reviews indicated that for the genre Feast was very good.

And I read somewhere that the Weinstein's put more money into reshooting scenes. It seemed to indicate some faith in the film.

I guess that faith waned.
        Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

I'm waiting and waiting for the series DVD to come out... Along with the movie.

EJ

Comment

A lesson in how not to capitalize on a TV show?
            ENNIS spits in the palm of his hand, puts it on himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms
              ...since the exhibitors get a bulk of the dinero the first weekend.
              Wrong!

Anyway, I really want to see this movie. I read the script before it won. It was the only one I read before they announced the winner of the three finalists, and I thought it was the "best" of the three (after I read the other 2, which I believe were also purchased by other PGL people). I want to see it because the director, even though he was a tad on the socially inept side, he definitely has some talent.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
              - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Originally posted by velysai
                Wrong!
                Sorry about that...I meant it the other way around. Studios get more money early in the run and the precentage gets higher for the theaters later in the run.

A lesson in how not to capitalize on a TV show?
                I think they want to separate themselves from the TV show cuz the other movies tried to capitalize on the show and failed.

Comment

The only reason I would watch Feast is to see exactly what film got made instead of mine after my co-writer and I were disqualified during the Top 100.

Comment

Yes. I might even give two shlts.
                    Just one more reason to get hammered tonight.

Comment

We're hoping it'll play Indy at least (somebody said they were releasing it in the top 100 media markets for two nights) ...

Anyone have ideas where to find out where it'll play?
                      sigpic
                      "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
                      that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
                      -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

I don't imagine how it could be much worse than wide release films like Pulse or The Descent. To be fair I haven't seen these films and The Descent has received some good reviews. But with horror being the hot market, and these other movies making a profit, I don't see why they're not giving this one a chance. Even if it stinks, it can't be much worse than some of the crap, horror or non-horror, that's out there.

Comment

I don't imagine how it could be much worse than wide release films like Pulse or The Descent. To be fair I haven't seen these films and The Descent has received some good reviews.
                          So what you're saying is you figure Feast could be good?

I was interested when the last PGL ended. I was probably still interested a few months after that. Today...not so much. Maybe if it comes on cable.

Comment

RW, got hearsay on the project and the movie production time. Seems to be fairly exciting but as a horror-ketchup-on-the-fries kinda guy, I would want to see if it brings me to the edge of my seat (in either a good way or with me going out of the theater or room).
                            A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                            Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                            Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Working...
                            X