Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frequency

Just watched this movie again. For those of you who haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. In my mind, it's one of the better time travel adventures. Also, a really suspenseful third act and lots of humor.

Re: Frequency

Frequency is one of my favorite "movies-I-forgot-I've-even-seen." It was really good but I always forget I've seen it. I think it's one of Quaid's best movies (I couldn't take Flight of the Pheonix seriously.)
    Smile Is Best Makeup!

-A Grammatically Incorrect Japanese Proverb

Comment

Yeah. Thought it was a near-great mile except for that last schmaltzy last scene...

Comment

Agree....great film. It's also one of the only films that successfully deals with EVP (Electronic Voice Phenomenon) in an interesting way....while others have tried, but only produced disasters such as WHITE NOISE.

Comment

I love this movie. It's drama, action, thriller, sci-fi, and a hint of comedy all rolled into one.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
          - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

I thought EVP dealt with ghosts and spirits, not taking to people in the past. I think that Frequency has absolutely no truth to it in that sense. Not that White Noise was any better (horrible movie) reality-wise.

I loved Frequency though, great great movie.

Comment

The definition of EVP covers any unexplained voices/images that are reported to come through over electronic devices, such as radio, computer, tape recorders, etc.

Comment

Maybe the ideas in this film aren't so far-fetched. Here's an interesting article about how many quantum physicists are now believing that time can run backwards, and the future may actually influence the past:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/s...1c22cause.html

Comment

How different is it from "White Noise" with Keaton?
                  A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                  Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                  Money is better than compliments.

Comment

DMNY.....in "White Noise" Keaton's character receives communication from his dead wife over an elaborate television set-up. In "Frequency," there's communication between a father and son via radio.....the son believes his father is dead, but he begins receiving warning messages from him over the radio, supposedly sent to him during the time period when his father was alive. Something like that, don't remember exactly.....but it's a good film, check it out on DVD.

Comment

Thanks, scriptwriterNYC. Will certainly add it to my list of movies to catch.
                      A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                      Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                      Money is better than compliments.

Comment

I love the time travel idea. It is probably the only technology humankind will never invent.
                        Time travel movies are hard to do because the first thing the writer has to do is invent a way to make the audience believe in the "invention". This might be the most difficult thing to do in all of Sci-films because, quite frankly the technology is impossible.

With that said, I think Frequency is one of the better time travel movies. I also liked Butterfly Effect but Frequency is far and away better than B.E.

I saw a movie this week that everyone on planet earth hated..I swear I love the movie and I've watched it at least 15 times in the past week. I just can't get enough of it. I would post the movie but I'd be laughed off the internet...lol

Sparks

Comment

FREQUENCY wasn't about time travel. The father (in the past) and the grownup son (in the present) discover that they can talk to each other over the same ham radio. They change the present by changing the past. It's about the time-space continuum, but no one actually travels through time.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
                          - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Good point but they do effect time by going into the past/future, even if it is only by radio.

Either way it was a very good movie and I loved the ending.

Sparks

Comment

Working...
                            X