Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edison Force

OK, so this one confused me. Not in the story in the movie, rather why this didn't have a theater run.

Was it a great movie? No, not by a long shot. But, seeing how many mediocre and outright awful movies do get a theatrical run, that one with so many stars doesn't get even a short run is interesting to me.

How does a movie with Morgan Freeman, Kevin Spacey, LL Cool J, Dylan McDermott, John Heard, Cary Elwes, and Justin Timberlake not get into the theaters?

Anyone know the business side of the story to this one?
    Don't repeat it; create it.

Re: Edison Force

I hear things that make it seem like Justin Timberlake was laughable and that may be some of the reason reason they didn't release it theatrically. I gotta believe there's more to it than that. Too bad, good people in the cast (Spacey, Freeman).
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Re: Edison Force

Originally posted by writer0825
      I hear things that make it seem like Justin Timberlake was laughable and that may be some of the reason reason they didn't release it theatrically. I gotta believe there's more to it than that. Too bad, good people in the cast (Spacey, Freeman).
      Timberlake really wasn't that bad (please don't anyone confuse that with me saying he was good), meaning his character was supposed to be a young kid, without experience, etc... I couldn't possibly see his performance being a reason not to get a release.

It wasn't great, just so we're all on the same page. I thought Spacey was wasted, I'm not even sure why he took such a minor role. There are other issues, but compared to other crap that hits the theater?

That's why I agree that there has to be more to this story.

IMDB estimates the cost at $25M, I cannot see how it is possible with this cast that it would not at least make that back with a few weeks in release.
      Don't repeat it; create it.

Comment

Working...
      X