Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fearless...

Is this really Jet Li's last martial arts movie? I saw the previews when seeing POTC2 and it looked great, but it's sad if it's his last.

If that's true... anyone know why?

Re: Fearless...

yes, it's his last Martial Arts action movie. I think he said it's time to move on. And you can get the import subtitled version at your local non-corporate rental store.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock
      I think he said it's time to move on. And you can get the import subtitled version at your local non-corporate rental store.
      That was somehow very funny.
      Yes, you can get it through your blank-looking-Chinese-owned-videostore. Jet Li did mention it would be his last Kung-Fu movie but it won't mean he will not do anymore action movies.
      He is linked to the movie Rogue and hopefully, it will do better than most of his non-Chinese movies.
      A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
      Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
      Money is better than compliments.

Comment

I liked the scene where he kicked Jeff Bridges ass, then threw Rosie Perez off the roof.

- Bill
        Free Script Tips:
        http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell
          I liked the scene where he kicked Jeff Bridges ass, then threw Rosie Perez off the roof.

- Bill
          I also liked the scene when he dunks Turturro's head into the airplane toilet...repeatedly.

Comment

... then topped it off with a bowl of strawberries.

Comment

- Bill
              Bill,
              With all due respect.
              Just say no.
              A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
              Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Oh god, Bill.
                I almost spit up my dinner laughing at your post.

Anyway..don't people get to the point where their legs just can't rise
                above their waist anymore or have I missed something.
                Let the guy rest.
                myhomeconvalesceblog

Comment

You did miss something. Jet Li can still raise and kick about his waist.
                  I can promise you that much.
                  Mind you, I do understand what you mean but it was a decision he direct his career. Good for him on that.
                  Would love to see where this new direction will lead him into.
                  Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Althought I liked the film, the problem I had with it is the same I have with most Chinese movies. They spend too much time on the front end of the movie explaining where the characters come from, and they shortchange the character growth at the end of the second act.

Kinda annoys me, really.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock
                      Althought I liked the film, the problem I had with it is the same I have with most Chinese movies. They spend too much time on the front end of the movie explaining where the characters come from, and they shortchange the character growth at the end of the second act.

Kinda annoys me, really.
                      Maybe that's a cultural difference. I'm no expert, but I do know that their culture focuses a lot more on ancestry and traditional history than our ambitious-forward-looking-upwardly-mobile society does.

Then again, I could be talking out of my ass because I'm bored, as usual.

Comment

Oh, I know it's cultural. It comes up again and again in Chinese movies. It probably has to do with some cultural storytelling shorthand that I'm not aware of.

Or, another way to say it; If I were more versed in the storytelling culture of mainstream China I probably wouldn't feel that they short change their protagonists in the second act.

Comment

Working...
                        X