Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evita

Ok, go ahead laugh, scorn me and ridicule me. I simply love this movie. I didn't watch it for several years because it looked...well, stupid. I watched it for the first time on HBO early this week. After a few minutes I was glued to the screen and I was totally immersed in this film.

I must also admit, one of the reasons I never watched it was because of Madonna. I swear I can't stand her. But my God she blew me away in this film. I honestly had no idea she could sing like that.

Now what really blew me away was Antonio Banderas. In my mind this is one of the best performances I have seen by an actor in years. He really sold me on this picture....it was one of those performances when I said...."I've just got to write something for him." He just might be the most talented man in the movie business. I mean, is there nothing this man can't do? Comedy, drama, singing dancing....he can do it all.

My wife still will not watch it. She says the same thing I said for years....it's stupid. Boy was I wrong....this is a great great movie. It reminded me of the old classics like Yankee Doodle Dandy (which is my all time favorite movie).

Ok, I'm ready, go ahead, I'm ready to be run off the internet and laughed at.

Sparks,

Re: Evita

Originally posted by Sparksdale
    Ok, go ahead laugh, scorn me and ridicule me. I simply love this movie. I didn't watch it for several years because it looked...well, stupid. I watched it for the first time on HBO early this week. After a few minutes I was glued to the screen and I was totally immersed in this film.

I must also admit, one of the reasons I never watched it was because of Madonna. I swear I can't stand her. But my God she blew me away in this film. I honestly had no idea she could sing like that.

Now what really blew me away was Antonio Banderas. In my mind this is one of the best performances I have seen by an actor in years. He really sold me on this picture....it was one of those performances when I said...."I've just got to write something for him." He just might be the most talented man in the movie business. I mean, is there nothing this man can't do? Comedy, drama, singing dancing....he can do it all.

My wife still will not watch it. She says the same thing I said for years....it's stupid. Boy was I wrong....this is a great great movie. It reminded me of the old classics like Yankee Doodle Dandy (which is my all time favorite movie).

Ok, I'm ready, go ahead, I'm ready to be run off the internet and laughed at.

Sparks,
    If you love it so much, why don't you marry it? Ugh! That was terrible!

Takes joke out behind the toolshed.

RBOSS
    I'm sorry, boy.

Loads two shells into shotgun and closes action. CLICK!

RBOSS
    At least you'll be in a better place.

Takes aim and...BLAM!!

JOKE
    Ow!!

RBOSS
    You can talk?

JOKE
    Yeah, I can talk you son of a-

BLAM!!

Wow, am I bored.
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you"
    "If I didn't have inner peace I'd totally go psycho on you guys all the time." - Carl Carlson

Comment

Originally posted by RBoss
      If you love it so much, why don't you marry it? Ugh! That was terrible!

Takes joke out behind the toolshed.

RBOSS
      I'm sorry, boy.

Loads two shells into shotgun and closes action. CLICK!

RBOSS
      At least you'll be in a better place.

Takes aim and...BLAM!!

JOKE
      Ow!!

RBOSS
      You can talk?

JOKE
      Yeah, I can talk you son of a-

BLAM!!

Wow, am I bored.
      This post made me sadder than the original post.
      "I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

You and Authorized can have an Andrew Lloyd Webber slumber party and watch Evita and The Phantom.

Personally, I'd love to see an Evita with Shakira.
        myhomeconvalesceblog

Comment

Originally posted by Sparksdale
          Now what really blew me away was Antonio Banderas. In my mind this is one of the best performances I have seen by an actor in years.
          He makes the movie watchable. Without him....well it's unwatchable.

Comment

Working...
          X