Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Descent

My sister says she saw this movie a couple months ago (a bootlegged copy, on cable or DVD - I can't remember), but I see previews where they're about to release it in theatres. Anyone know anything about this movie, why it's taken so long for them to release it? She said it was horrible. It starts out one way, then goes a totally different way that you don't expect (but not in a good way) then it completely doesn't make sense. It looks horrible....but that kinda think seems to be popular (not with me, but...).
    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Re: The Descent

She probably saw the UK DVD version which I have sitting on my shelf.

I have yet to see it but my peers reckon its the best horror flick to have come out lately and there's been a lot of talk on the horror forums about this.

Comment

I just want to know how much is going to be cut out of the USA release, because, you know...we can't handle it...or something.

Comment

Is this the movie where hot chicks go spelunking?
        If so, skin report please.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Originally posted by whitenavel
          If so, skin report please.
          minimal.
          Aiming for mediocrity and falling well short =)

Comment

Damn fine Horror film. I'm not sure what the American release version will be like though. I've got the 2-Disc SE DVD, so I won't be seeing this release.
            sigpic

Comment

I'm not going to watch a wash down version. I'll wait for the international version to come out on DVD.
              A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
              Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
              Money is better than compliments.

Comment

He has another script ready to go, a zombie movie set on an oil platform. He wrote a column in a british film magazine for a number of months charting its development. It's called Outpost, i don't think any studio has picked it up yet. Can anyone confirm anything? Perhaps the good buzz arnound this might help the project.
                Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

It's British...there's no gore that their censorship board would pass that the MPAA wouldn't. From what I understand, all that was cut was a brief, ambiguous coda.

I've seen it (the original version) and consider what was cut no real loss. Actually, I feel that they could have cut another minute off of the end and left it at a stronger closing.

My sister says she saw this movie a couple months ago (a bootlegged copy, on cable or DVD - I can't remember), but I see previews where they're about to release it in theatres. Anyone know anything about this movie, why it's taken so long for them to release it? She said it was horrible. It starts out one way, then goes a totally different way that you don't expect (but not in a good way) then it completely doesn't make sense. It looks horrible....but that kinda think seems to be popular (not with me, but...).
                  It's a horror film, and (eventually) a very good one at that. I can't understand why someone would watch a horror film and get upset when it finally switches from being a Lifetime Channel flick about spelunking chicks to a grueling, white-knuckle ride horror film.

Did she think it was The Cave?
                  Last edited by Signal30; 07-25-2006, 09:46 AM. Reason: Clarification
                  "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I can't understand why someone would watch a horror film and get upset when it finally switches from being a Lifetime Channel flick about spelunking chicks to a grueling, white-knuckle ride horror film.

Did she think it was The Cave?
                    1) I didn't say that I or she was upset about anything. I didn't see it, so I couldn't be upset if I wanted to. 2) I don't think she even knows what THE CAVE is, I think I vaguely remember it, so I don't think she thought anything of the sort. I was just asking about the film and if anyone knew anything about it and pointing out that she'd seen it.
                    "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Really, really bad. Terrible acting, throwaway formula plot, and a laughable, stupid looking creature. Horror films need to start tapping into things that are ACTUALLY SCARY instead of falling back on played out cliches.

I think this guy also did DOG SOLDIERS which was crap, too.
                      Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

Originally posted by writer0825
                        1) I didn't say that I or she was upset about anything. I didn't see it, so I couldn't be upset if I wanted to. 2) I don't think she even knows what THE CAVE is, I think I vaguely remember it, so I don't think she thought anything of the sort. I was just asking about the film and if anyone knew anything about it and pointing out that she'd seen it.
                        Maybe that was me projecting...I get upset when I watch a movie that turns out (to me) to be horrible.

Personally, I wish I'd been exposed to the movie without knowing what direction it was going to go. As it was, I just got annoyed waiting through the first hour for the nastiness to begin.
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

With different versions being discussed, let me throw this link up:
                          http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0435625/
                          Just to make sure everyone is on the same page. Are we talking the same movie?

The DVD has a different cover image than the IMDB page:
                          http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...83926&v=glance
                          Don't repeat it; create it.

Comment

There's already a 3 page thread on this that answers many of the questions asked.

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=21970

I know people are lazy, but come on. it only takes a lift and drop of a finger to push 'search'.

Comment

Working...
                            X