Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fletch Prequel

I read that Bill Lawrence (Scrubs) has been tapped by the Weinstein Co. to write a Fletch prequel based on the book Fletch Won.

Anyone have any more information?

I don't know if I should be thrilled or depressed.

Re: Fletch Prequel

Yes, Zach Braff is linked to the project.
    A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
    Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
    Money is better than compliments.

Comment

both at the same time may require medical attention. I'd just stick with one or the other.

Comment

I told you it was the other hospital, whistle...But do you listen to me? Noooooooooooo, you don't.
        A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
        Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

Originally posted by nextwon
          I read that Bill Lawrence (Scrubs) has been tapped by the Weinstein Co. to write a Fletch prequel based on the book Fletch Won.

Anyone have any more information?

I don't know if I should be thrilled or depressed.
          Isn't this like milking a dead cow?
          Felicitations, malefactors! I am endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparation of saleable screenplays. WHO WILL JOIN ME!

Comment

Originally posted by writerman
            Isn't this like milking a dead cow?
            And there goes the sour cream.
            Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"

Comment

The first Fletch was funny (only because of Chase)...went downhill from there.
              Felicitations, malefactors! I am endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparation of saleable screenplays. WHO WILL JOIN ME!

Comment

The first Fletch was also based on one of the award winning novels. The second was a large smelly crap that decided Fletch was a comedy rather than a mystery story.

The books are brilliant in so many ways - funny, great mysteries (my favorite is whichever one where the woman was married to a Persian rug), and... written out of order!

The first book published, FLETCH, is someplace in the middle of the series and includes backstory hints of the other novels... not yet written! Kind of cool.

Kevin Smith was supposed to do the next Fletch film... what happened?

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell
                  The first Fletch was also based on one of the award winning novels. The second was a large smelly crap that decided Fletch was a comedy rather than a mystery story.

The books are brilliant in so many ways - funny, great mysteries (my favorite is whichever one where the woman was married to a Persian rug), and... written out of order!

The first book published, FLETCH, is someplace in the middle of the series and includes backstory hints of the other novels... not yet written! Kind of cool.

Kevin Smith was supposed to do the next Fletch film... what happened?

- Bill
                  Kevin kept pushing for Jason Lee, but Lee wasn't exactly a star at the time. Still, he had some meetings with the Weinsteins about doing it with Braff, but I hear Smith's treatment wasn't exactly what they were expecting. So, Braff mentioned Lawrence, who's a big Fletch fan.

I gotta say, I'm excited about this, I adore Scrubs, but Braff seems really hesitant about taking over the part, since that would delay his sophomore film.

Comment

Working...
                  X