Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Clooney in "Pet Sematary"

In 2004 a rumor was released out into the world that George Clooney would be a part of a remake of "Pet Sematary", playing the character of Doc Cage. It appears now that it was not indeed a work of fiction and is now in the process of being confirmed. Paramount Pictures had hired scribe Dave Kajganich to pen a draft of the project while the writing team of Mike Werb and Michael Colleary wrote the first draft. "Pet Sematary" is of course based on the Stephen King story centering on a family who moves into a small Maine town with a pet cemetery and an Indian burial ground. In the long run of genre remakes that are currently being churned out by Hollywood and Co., this comes as no real shocker.

Re: George Clooney in "Pet Sematary"

I'm still having a hard time believing this. Unless George signed on the dotted line two years ago and is contractually obligated at this point, it just doesn't fit with what I've read about Clooney and the roles he wants to do (outside of the OCEAN'S films)....

Comment

i haven't read the book or seen the movie. why is it spelled like that?
      "everything a writer learns about the art and craft of fiction takes just a little away from his need or desire to write at all. in the end he knows all the tricks and has nothing to say."

Comment

The sign was supposedly written by kids, spelling "cemetary" phonetically.

Comment

As of this morning, darkhorizons.com says that Clooney is in talks to play a character in the remake.

This is sad for me, because personally, every project that Clooney chooses like this is just another thing that will delay his much anticipated return to his George the Handyman character from Facts of Life. We've been waiting for a George the Handyman movie for years now, but much like Harrison Ford with Indianan Jones, time is running out for Clooney to play that character again...

Kidding. Clooney has proven himself with some cool projects lately. Pet Semetary is a great novel but the film version what a cheesfest. I figure if he's involved, it must be pretty damn cool.
          Goonies never say die!

Comment

they're remaking this crap? damn hollywood aint wasting no time. why not start the remake of all the movies that are currently in the movies now.
            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles
              they're remaking this crap? damn hollywood aint wasting no time. why not start the remake of all the movies that are currently in the movies now.
              It does make you wonder, doesn't it? But then again since Clooney is in it, I'm willing to give it another look.
              A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
              Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
              Money is better than compliments.

Comment

yea, i'll give it another look but since i've seen part one and two a few times i'll have to wait for the DVD.....especially if its the same premise.
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles
                  I actually love the book and the original film.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, apparently now it's been confirmed by George Clooney's publicist that he is NOT going to be a part of Paramount Pictures' remake of "Pet Sematary".

Comment

I feel like a juggler sometimes.
                      A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
                      Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
                      Money is better than compliments.

Comment

NO GEORGE, NO!!!!!!!

I hope to God this a bad joke!!!

I love you. Like Stephen King. But no George, no!!!!
                        "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Sometimes...dead is better.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG
                            The sign was supposedly written by kids, spelling "cemetary" phonetically.
                            And sometimes even adults have trouble spelling "cemetery."

Comment

Working...
                            X