Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Beerfest...

Who sits down and says: "Lets make a really crazy movie about a big beer party?"

I know someone did, and that's what's dissapointing. I don't find movies funny that seem to be created with the strict purpose of making me laugh. This movie looks like it won't have a story - but who should be expecting one of those things? This movie just looks like it'll make me feel like a whore.

But I'm sure it'll be great.
    Smile Is Best Makeup!

-A Grammatically Incorrect Japanese Proverb

Comment

Sadly, I'm almost required to see these films, because one of the principal members of Broken Lizard is a good friend of a friend. I've offered to help write an actual story into the endless series of lame gags, but they've never taken me up on it. Their loss and my gain (not credited on such a film, irrevocably destroying my [email protected] reputation).

I did enjoy DUKES OF HAZZARD though. But they left the "Broken Lizard" tag off that franchise.
      http://confoundedfilms.com

http://www.myspace.com/confoundedfilms

Comment

Yes that's right... it is by Broken Lizard, but they are called the Lizard brothers.

Bill Marq... we could have definitely used you for the movie I worked on after Beerfest called Comanche Moon. We needed some real tough looking cowboys, and I bet you would have fit that bill nicely.
        The past is a cashed check. The future is a promissory note. Today is the only hard cash that any of us ever have. Spend it well and wisely.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Wegmann
          I don't find movies funny that seem to be created with the strict purpose of making me laugh. .

So basically you dislike every comedy ever made.....?

Comment

I think he meant he dislikes movies that have scenes where they may as well have the actors break the fourth wall and say "wasn't that funny?!?!!" to the audience. Oh and then they turn again and say , "Please laugh....pleeeeease."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimny Wayne
              I think he meant he dislikes movies that have scenes where they may as well have the actors break the fourth wall and say "wasn't that funny?!?!!" to the audience. Oh and then they turn again and say , "Please laugh....pleeeeease."
              Exactly. A scene can be funny, but let it not encourage itself, and please have something to do with the plot. I hate comedy that goes off on a limb and feels unneeded, but that's just me.
              Smile Is Best Makeup!

-A Grammatically Incorrect Japanese Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by TwoBitHack
                Saloon dance hall girl?
                You've been in my closet again? Damn.
                We're making a movie here, not a film! - Kit Ramsey

Comment

I saw this movie tonight with some friends... hilarious.

I understand what people are saying about this type of humor, but it can be funny if you let go and let it be what it is. It's not trying to be a great movie and it sure as hell doesn't really care much about plot either, everything that happens is obvious and predictable, but who cares! It has a bunch of funny moments and I had a great time.

I'll be honest though... thought it'd be bad (although I did like parts of Super Troopers) and after the first 10 minutes I thought it'd suck. It got much better though.

It's far from a masterpiece, but it is what it is... and I liked it.

Comment

not a movie to be enjoyed alone. definitly a crowd piece.

Comment

Worse film ive seen in 2006. I did think supertroopers was funny, this had 3 decent funny bits (2 of which were in the trailer!) and that was it.

Can't believe those lizard guys are seriously considering doing Potfest as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SethMace View Post
                        Worse film ive seen in 2006. I did think supertroopers was funny, this had 3 decent funny bits (2 of which were in the trailer!) and that was it.

Can't believe those lizard guys are seriously considering doing Potfest as well.
                        Couldn't agree more, I actually thought this movie was just pathetic. I can't understand what people find in this movie, maybe if you are very drunk and very very stoned that you might have one laugh during the movie .. although I even doubt that

Comment

We were really drunk, and got 4 laughs a piece out of it.

Comment

Knew five minutes in that it wasn't going to be very funny. That whole "Landfill" substitution bit was absolutely unbelievable-can't believe that actually made the final cut.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prince pantyhose View Post
                              nope. it's directed by joel and ethan lizard.
                              Actually, Broken Lizard has 5 members: Paul Soter, Steve Lemme, Erik Stolhanske, Kevin Heffernan and Jay Chandrasekhar, who directed Super Troopers, Club Dread, Dukes of Hazzard and Beerfest.

Comment

I had a script called Beer Run I was shopping for a while. How annoyed was I when I saw this come out? Very. But hey, that's how it goes.

I might be a little biased, but Beer Run was a much better script.

Comment

Working...
                                X